Match Thread: Championship Final, Toulouse v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-10th-October-2021

marklaspalmas

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

So we’re bringing Holmes off the bench at Hooker? Or at halfback therefore spelling half backs like middles??? I know we can move Nu to hooker but surely half backs need to play together long term and develop an understanding not get 20 minutes then rotated. I’ll shut up when we win.

I would think Holmes is cover for the half back positions plus full back if Walker has to come off.Difficult decision Holmes or Parata as sub i wanted Parata last week but Webster didn't pick him and we did get a good result as my wallet knows too well.For me the other three subs pick themselves Davies, Bussey, and Ferggy.

More behind the Cooper passport thing or just another covid related problem? He has known for a long time there were a good chance of this game been in France if Fev got there and you used to be able to drive somewhere like Liverpool and just get one signed off really quick didn't you? 

19 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

More behind the Cooper passport thing or just another covid related problem? He has known for a long time there were a good chance of this game been in France if Fev got there and you used to be able to drive somewhere like Liverpool and just get one signed off really quick didn't you? 

I have no idea but I do know there have been major issues with passport deliveries being delayed recently. See this story and also the reviews of passport delivery company TNT.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/sep/21/going-nowhere-soon-as-passport-problems-mount

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.tnt.fr

12 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

So we’re bringing Holmes off the bench at Hooker? Or at halfback therefore spelling half backs like middles??? I know we can move Nu to hooker but surely half backs need to play together long term and develop an understanding not get 20 minutes then rotated. I’ll shut up when we win.

Advantage of Parata being on the bench: he's unquestionably a better hooker than Holmes and if Jones got injured or we need some impetus at dummy half he's the man you'd want on the bench.

Advantage of Holmes being on the bench: he can cover full back, half back and hooker in case of injury, he clearly wouldn't be as good an alternative at hooker as Parata but would be much better at half or full back. His presence in the 17 also might be seen to help focus Chisholm's mind on his defence which presumably is why Chissy didn't start last week.

Can make the case either way in my view.

37 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its just to hoodwink Toulouse. Cooper is actually there in disguise at the moment 🙄

49 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Advantage of Parata being on the bench: he's unquestionably a better hooker than Holmes and if Jones got injured or we need some impetus at dummy half he's the man you'd want on the bench.

Advantage of Holmes being on the bench: he can cover full back, half back and hooker in case of injury, he clearly wouldn't be as good an alternative at hooker as Parata but would be much better at half or full back. His presence in the 17 also might be seen to help focus Chisholm's mind on his defence which presumably is why Chissy didn't start last week.

Can make the case either way in my view.

Me too it's a toss up.Been watching our left edge defence and know the problem but will post it after the game.Against Fax when their winger failed to gather the ball  we were wide open late on the player nearest to him was Chizzy who's presence may have put him off.When they scored in the corner first half (Holmes was in the bin)Walker was nearest to him and almost pushed him out .I will leave it at that.One thing i would do Sunday is when not defending in our 20m area just play with one marker at the play the ball.That would enable our defence to spread a bit wider and cover the edges.

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

His mum has commented on Facebook and says his passport has been gone for 5 weeks and he has tried everything to get it back and he's gutted (not surprisingly).

18 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

His mum has commented on Facebook and says his passport has been gone for 5 weeks and he has tried everything to get it back and he's gutted (not surprisingly).

Saw something a couple of weeks ago with a similar story about one of GB's Down Syndrome junior swimmers who looked as though she was going to miss out on a trip to Italy because of passport delays. 

7 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

So no conspiracy like some like to think lol.

12 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Its just to hoodwink Toulouse. Cooper is actually there in disguise at the moment 🙄

Can just see him as Toulouse Lautrec - on the touchline ready to come on..  With a ball shaped beumb thrown to him by the RFL.  Seriously I wouldn't put it past them (He says sarcastically to all the gullible smug anti-conspiracists)

10 hours ago, RobLambert said:

I need to improve my googling skills.  Was looking into the possibilty of travelling over but didn't see anything between Friday and Sunday that was do-able.

Not much in the way of suitable flights by late in the week (although still 3 seats on Friday's 18.45 from Stanstead at 4pm) but by train would have been possible leaving as late as Saturday afternoon. 

Archived