Match Thread: Championship Final, Toulouse v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-10th-October-2021

marklaspalmas

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I don't think it would have made much difference, Toulouse best team by far a game too far for Rovers.

At least we can still go to York Batley Dewsbury Workington Whitehaven and Barra ,they are proper clubs and grounds.

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Toulouse just much better than us all round tonight. We had a right dig in the second half but they were deserved winners. Think they'll do okay next year given a few astute signings.

Been a great season and we just fell a game short. That's it, no point in recriminations.

I thought they were wobbling at one point (match fitness?) and if we'd pulled back to 1 score it could have been interesting, but we made unforced mistakes at crucial times. As you say the best team by some way won

7 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I don't think it would have made much difference, Toulouse best team by far a game too far for Rovers.

Disagree, travelling on the day, must have taken it out of the players. Might not have won, but it would have surely been closer if we had gone over the day before. Can't understand why we didn't, with so much at stake.

Just now, Monkeymagic22 said:

Disagree, travelling on the day, must have taken it out of the players. Might not have won, but it would have surely been closer if we had gone over the day before. Can't understand why we didn't, with so much at stake.

RL made us travel same day due to covid regs.

2 minutes ago, lingaro said:

But all the support went the days before. 

4 penalties in front of sticks, how many times does that happen! 

There first 2 tries were not tries. 

All the decision looked right to me. Clearly not fair that the team had to travel on the day of the game.

11 minutes ago, lingaro said:

But all the support went the days before. 

4 penalties in front of sticks, how many times does that happen! 

There first 2 tries were not tries. 

If the tries had gone up as 'no try' they possibly wouldn't have been given but without conclusive evidence in the replay to disallow then will always be given.

26 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

There is every chance Toulouse would have still won but as a club you need to give the players the best possible chance. Travelling abroad on the day isn’t that unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I thought if we had got back to 16-12 with 10 minutes to go we could have won as Toulouse looked out on their feet with 20 min to play. A couple of decisions didn't go our way and they then finished the stronger as we seemed to realise the game had gone.

As a neutral thought Fev looked better when Casty and Hansen went off. They came back on and swung game back to Toulouse.

4 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I thought if we had got back to 16-12 with 10 minutes to go we could have won as Toulouse looked out on their feet with 20 min to play. A couple of decisions didn't go our way and they then finished the stronger as we seemed to realise the game had gone.

I am very disappointed for you and the other fans. I thought you wrote well on the main forum.

At the end of the day you and other Rovers fans are real supporters, like I am of Batley. We don't have second or third clubs so the disappointment is greater. However, when we do win a trophy, it means a lot more.

We can make every excuse in the book but they have beaten us well in both games. One days disappointment as probably saved us 23 weeks disappointment next season. Harsh for Mark Campbell and the club but we have to dust ourselves down and start again. Well done to all the Fev players for giving us fans something to shout about all season.

Archived