Match Thread: Championship Final, Toulouse v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-10th-October-2021

marklaspalmas

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Phil Briscoe said:

We should have started with either Fergie or Bussey instead of Field. We’d lost the arm wrestle by the time they came on. 

We needed to start well and we didn't.Old saying you may not win a game in the first twenty minutes but you can lose one.And we did.

I may get shot down here but i think we have found our level in the championship were a top team and always have been but untill you take the step upto full time theres always another team that takes there team to the next level next season it will be leigh and newcastle and i think next season will be harder than this 

5 minutes ago, plug said:

I may get shot down here but i think we have found our level in the championship were a top team and always have been but untill you take the step upto full time theres always another team that takes there team to the next level next season it will be leigh and newcastle and i think next season will be harder than this 

We'll need to wait until we see their squads, but I think the chances of either Leigh or Newcastle being as good as Toulouse have been this season is pretty slim.

I think this Toulouse team might be the best we have ever seen in the Championship - better than Toronto, better than any of the Leigh teams, or any of ours. I say that because we have been saying all season that this might be the best team we have had in the Championship and we have broken scoring records etc but we have been comprehensively beaten by Toulouse twice.

5 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

We'll need to wait until we see their squads, but I think the chances of either Leigh or Newcastle being as good as Toulouse have been this season is pretty slim.

I think this Toulouse team might be the best we have ever seen in the Championship - better than Toronto, better than any of the Leigh teams, or any of ours. I say that because we have been saying all season that this might be the best team we have had in the Championship and we have broken scoring records etc but we have been comprehensively beaten by Toulouse twice.

Toulouse may not have  quite as good a squad of players as Toronto but they are a better TEAM Whats not to like about the brand of Rugby League they play.I think they will do better in SL next year than we would have done as they only need a handful of players to be good enough to stay up.France were a good Rugby League Playing country until all the money and players were diverted to Union.

2 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Full time team is the only answer otherwise it's just going to be more disappointment. 

I may not live that long.Although i said i would never see Rovers at Wembley again.And the lads proved me wrong this season.When Les Gant said to Nashy what do we know about one of the opposition players.Nowt replied Nashy so Gant said well watch him and be prepared for anything.A bit like watching Rovers always a few twist and turns but never boring.

10 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Toulouse may not have  quite as good a squad of players as Toronto but they are a better TEAM Whats not to like about the brand of Rugby League they play.I think they will do better in SL next year than we would have done as they only need a handful of players to be good enough to stay up.France were a good Rugby League Playing country until all the money and players were diverted to Union.

I think you're spot on , while Toronto had a better squad , Toulouse are a better team , I think that's because Toulouse are coached better .

31 minutes ago, Rarefrith said:

They are full time and playing inferior teams though. Did Catalans do it yesterday?

Not on about catalans. The post was about fev having to travel and play on the same day, just like we did last wk. Toulouse have had to do it all season, and I don't think being full time makes no difference they still had it to do. I was really hoping fev got there they deserve a shot at sl. But I think most neutrals knew it was going to be a big ask.

23 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

This exciting new city in SL has a population of 450000 compared to Wakefield of 380000,  maybe we should change our name to Wakefield Rovers.  I'm sure Tolouse are based in a little town in the municipality of the parent city just like silly old Featherstone 

Think a few players will be disappointed  at their performances tonight.i would rate them as follows against their recent standard but just my opinion others may see the game through a different view. Walker 5 Hall 5 Welham 7 Hardcastle 7 Gale 6.5    Brown 5.5 Chizzy 6.5     Koppy 5  Jones5.5  Locky 5  Halton 5  Ferres 7  Field 5  Subs Parata 6.5 Davies 6.5  Bussey 7 Ferggy 6.5 But we only played as well as Toulouse let us for 60 min they made us look like a Championship team not one on the edge.

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

All the decision looked right to me. Clearly not fair that the team had to travel on the day of the game.

Toulouse 1st try was fine.  2nd he lost control.  Not even debatable.  Ferres in the corner fine.  Anyone who expected anything other than these ###### decisions hasnt been watching us long enough.  (ffs even Phil Clarke 'disallowed' 2 of them). Yes we bottled it in the first halt, we were rubbish,  and overall you cant argue about the result but im just thankful that those decisions didnt (statistically speaking at least) affect the result.  The sooner we accept this as being the closest we get to SL the better.  Its not the despair its the hope i cant handle.........

Archived