Match Thread: Championship Final, Toulouse v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-10th-October-2021

marklaspalmas

19 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Well apparently they are the saviour of Rugby League with new TV deals and major commercial sponsors, we’ll all be rolling in it😂😂😂😂

What would the alternative have brought to the table?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, POR said:

Actually BSJ  TO Founded in 1937, two years after the French Rugby League Federation so that's 84 years old

However if you want to be pedantic one could argue that the current TO side were formed i following liberation by the Allies  the fall of the  Vichy government the lifting of the rugby league ban and the restoration of the French Championship, in 1845 so 76 years old

Thanks. Not exactly Johnny Come Lately's as one poster was trying to insinuate (not you).

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Thanks. Not exactly Johnny Come Lately's as one poster was trying to insinuate (not you).

I think he was referring to  the years TO have been in the english leagues compared to FEV

6 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Aye... mind.... so is a trip to Whitehaven if you add an overnight in Keswick.... which I'm hoping to do

Yeah done that one before.  Depends which way you look at it.  Seems acceptable to have a relaxing weekend with the missus in the lakes with a game thrown in - whereas Toulouse just seems a lot of hassle and expense just to get to the game and come home.  Never tried it mind.

10 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Yeah done that one before.  Depends which way you look at it.  Seems acceptable to have a relaxing weekend with the missus in the lakes with a game thrown in - whereas Toulouse just seems a lot of hassle and expense just to get to the game and come home.  Never tried it mind.

Oooo Rob....you've missed a treat. For purely selfish reasons and nothing else, I wouldn't lose sleep if TO came back down and were back on our fixture list. It's a cracking weekend

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Oooo Rob....you've missed a treat. For purely selfish reasons and nothing else, I wouldn't lose sleep if TO came back down and were back on our fixture list. It's a cracking weekend

R I would have thought it would be better if we joined them and the dragons in SL

9 minutes ago, POR said:

R I would have thought it would be better if we joined them and the dragons in SL

Yes.... so would I.... but we came up short. I really enjoy the french trips. Some of my happiest memories have been in France. Watching fev There is the poodles swingers to me.

38 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Yes.... so would I.... but we came up short. I really enjoy the french trips. Some of my happiest memories have been in France. Watching fev There is the poodles swingers to me.

You be sorted Robin if Fev joined a French league and you could go over every fortnight🤣🤣🤣

Archived