Grand final - fan zone?

Hey folks.  Anyone have any news on what will be happening outside OT on grand final day?  Wire fan so I’ve not been since 2018 but then and previously they used to have a few things “going on” in the car park in terms of stalls, beer tent, a band on etc.  I’m going as a Catalans fan of course 😁 so just wondered if it’s worth us getting there early to partake in any pre-match activities?

Thanks for any info!

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

Fanzone a great opportunity. Spreads the arrivals peak across a few hours, chance for England and all clubs to sell merchandise, to engage kids with the game through participation in some sort of coaching or kicking games, video screen showing previous grand finals, Sky selling subscriptions, BBC local radio, France tourism , meet the League Express team,  videos of the game through the ages, challenge the ref (and recruit youngsters).......

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Fanzone a great opportunity. Spreads the arrivals peak across a few hours, chance for England and all clubs to sell merchandise, to engage kids with the game through participation in some sort of coaching or kicking games, video screen showing previous grand finals, Sky selling subscriptions, BBC local radio, France tourism , meet the League Express team,  videos of the game through the ages, challenge the ref (and recruit youngsters).......

All sensible, simple and inexpensive ideas, so not much chance of them happening then. Was amazed there was no England RLWC gear on sale in the fan zone at the Magic Weekend, although I could buy club and event gear. I can only assume the SL clubs didn't want any competition.

24 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Someone high up in RL thinks that's what fans want, so maybe it's us that's wrong?.

Maybe it's that some fans will find that entertaining and others will want a different form of entertainment and those organising the events are trying to cater for as many people as possible.

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

Someone high up in RL thinks that's what fans want, so maybe it's us that's wrong?.

Its not compulsory. Its FREE entertainment for those that it suits.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'll be at the back of the Stretford end doing Allo Allo impersonations for anyone who is interested.... Just need to get the missus kitted out like Yvette

Vikki Michelle 😍

11 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'll be at the back of the Stretford end doing Allo Allo impersonations for anyone who is interested.... Just need to get the missus kitted out like Yvette

Can you get her sister to dress up as Helga too? 

Just now, Johnoco said:

Nope, people who have been to hundreds of gigs. It's not a wind up by the way, they were meant to be a right laugh. 

I was only joking, I can imagine they’re decent if you’re there and have had a few bevvies. I’d be gutted if they were the GF half time act though, you might as well get Pat Butcher to present the cup. 

Archived