Sorry to go off on a tangent but just saw that the town of Riverside, Iowa, the place where Captain Kirk was born in Star Trek now has this sign up at the town limits -

kirk.images.jpg

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Is the universe ready for the real thing, rather than James Tiberius Kirk?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

william shatner is one of the last true living legend celebrities - still cool as f--k - still parody and full of fun even at 90 - brilliant

His appearance as chair of HIGNFY is memorable, especially if you're from Ilfracombe: https://dai.ly/x6s7sn0

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great stuff , he’s still got a twinkle in the eye and full of fun and doesnt take himself to seriously . And i like The Unxplained , Weird or What and shows like that where he’s sometimes subtly taking the youknowwhat while also having a great time hamming it up

Blue Origin crew concerned by new uniforms ahead of Shatner space flight |  NewsThumpI wonder who thought of dressing the other three crew members in red shirts ...?

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

3 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Blue Origin crew concerned by new uniforms ahead of Shatner space flight |  NewsThumpI wonder who thought of dressing the other three crew members in red shirts ...?

Whoever it was doesn't know.... and Shatner wasn't going to mention it!

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

its so great to see that while the rest of us are lectured to death about global warming and made to feel shameful for owning a car and god forbid going on a foreign holiday! that the billionaires can still just burn up the planet with their silly little playthings- did ws even go in to space? i hope so but in reality  somehow doubt it

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Seeing all sorts of references/stories about William Shatner this week, this might appeal to those of a certain age - 

The episode that many viewers remember about the Twilight Zone is “Nightmare at 20,000 Feet,” directed by the late Richard Donner and broadcast in 1963.  Starring a pre-Kirk William Shatner, the plane-bound story was about a passenger that kept looking out of a certain window and seeing a gremlin ripping an in flight planes engine to pieces.  And because of this, Shatner’s character made an impact on the real world of air travel!

Seats on flights overlooking the wing were later marked with small black triangles to indicate they have the best view of the wings. Should a crew member wish to see what’s going on — from a fault to a bird strike — they can slide into this special position and make a judgment. And what do airlines call this position?

What else — “The William Shatner Seat”!

On 14/10/2021 at 17:15, graveyard johnny said:

its so great to see that while the rest of us are lectured to death about global warming and made to feel shameful for owning a car and god forbid going on a foreign holiday! that the billionaires can still just burn up the planet with their silly little playthings- did ws even go in to space? i hope so but in reality  somehow doubt it

If billionaires want to visit strange new worlds they could visit a tax office. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

11 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Seeing all sorts of references/stories about William Shatner this week, this might appeal to those of a certain age - 

The episode that many viewers remember about the Twilight Zone is “Nightmare at 20,000 Feet,” directed by the late Richard Donner and broadcast in 1963.  Starring a pre-Kirk William Shatner, the plane-bound story was about a passenger that kept looking out of a certain window and seeing a gremlin ripping an in flight planes engine to pieces.  And because of this, Shatner’s character made an impact on the real world of air travel!

Seats on flights overlooking the wing were later marked with small black triangles to indicate they have the best view of the wings. Should a crew member wish to see what’s going on — from a fault to a bird strike — they can slide into this special position and make a judgment. And what do airlines call this position?

What else — “The William Shatner Seat”!

The ' thing on the wing ' episode 😱😀

Archived