Grand final attendance doom and gloom thread.

38 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Once again we are here with a pathetic ticket sales process. Hardly usable on your mobile device, not much better on your laptop (the individual seats are so small you have to zoom right in) - earlier in the week when looking for £30 tickets in the family areas there were none - suddenly there are plenty. Earlier in the week the 2nd tier was not for sale, now it is (hopefully that is a good sign). 

It should never, ever be awkward to buy a ticket for an event that will have tens of thousands of empty seats.

The website is chronic isn't it. To not be usable on a phone is unforgiveable (and I'm amazed if this is Ticketmaster's default setup).

Still some strange things going on - e.g. plenty of £30 tickets in the main bowl but they're still selling ones for the same value up in the Gods. I don't know why they haven't taken those off sale and just focussed on that lower tier.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, M j M said:

The website is chronic isn't it. To not be usable on a phone is unforgiveable (and I'm amazed if this is Ticketmaster's default setup).

Still some strange things going on - e.g. plenty of £30 tickets in the main bowl but they're still selling ones for the same value up in the Gods. I don't know why they haven't taken those off sale and just focussed on that lower tier.

I bought through Ticketmaster for the Ageas Bowl (Southampton cricket) a week or so ago. The process was so much simpler it's hard to believe it's actually the same company offering the service.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Once again we are here with a pathetic ticket sales process. Hardly usable on your mobile device, not much better on your laptop (the individual seats are so small you have to zoom right in) - earlier in the week when looking for £30 tickets in the family areas there were none - suddenly there are plenty. Earlier in the week the 2nd tier was not for sale, now it is (hopefully that is a good sign). 

It should never, ever be awkward to buy a ticket for an event that will have tens of thousands of empty seats.

Agreed. I tried to buy on my mobile but found it impossible so had to use my laptop instead. 

I am a keen fan and my team is playing, so I did it. Other / casual fans may have given up.

12 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Agreed. I tried to buy on my mobile but found it impossible so had to use my laptop instead. 

I am a keen fan and my team is playing, so I did it. Other / casual fans may have given up.

It's a bit fiddly but it's not impossible. It's also comparable to buying tickets for other sports I go to like cricket and Union 

The latest article on BBC about Catalans is suggesting about 1,000 of their fans will be travelling over. It says a lot of their fans are having trouble with the travel because a lot of French people don't have passports (I guess due to living in the Schengen Zone) and tend to just use identity cards so they are desperately trying to get emergency passports sorted. 

On 05/10/2021 at 10:42, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Just on the point of Catalans fans travelling, is it difficult because the French have the UK on some form of 'red list'? As far as I can see we don't have France on our red list and now the amber list has also been scrapped i'm just trying to understand what obstacles there are? 

One of the main problems is most French people don't have Passports as they can travel within the EU with their National ID cards. Of course, now they need a passport to travel to the UK which in terms of both money/processing time is not feasible.

2 hours ago, Colliwobble said:

One of the main problems is most French people don't have Passports as they can travel within the EU with their National ID cards. Of course, now they need a passport to travel to the UK which in terms of both money/processing time is not feasible.

Yeah that's also fair comment however that does feel like something that was in their control (albeit not very feasible as you say if they're literally applying this week), opposed to the Covid, flights and fuel issues that others have mentioned. 

4 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah that's also fair comment however that does feel like something that was in their control (albeit not very feasible as you say if they're literally applying this week), opposed to the Covid, flights and fuel issues that others have mentioned. 

The UK only implemented the change to require passports this week.

13 minutes ago, M j M said:

Yes, I'm sure lots of people in the south of France were monitoring that UK government announcement.

Fog in channel. Continent cut off.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

31 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

That's interesting. Has that offer been made before?

It should have been made to all SL season ticket holders as well. On last Saturday morning.

It's insane that I've had no communication at all from my club encouraging me to go or about buying tickets for this.

Just now, M j M said:

It should have been made to all SL season ticket holders as well. On last Saturday morning.

It's insane that I've had no communication at all from my club encouraging me to go or about buying tickets for this.

Indeed. 

Could you imagine the meltdown on here with last minute discounts though?

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Indeed. 

Could you imagine the meltdown on here with last minute discounts though?

Who cares.

But even without discount the other SL clubs should have been using their media channels and distribution lists to give info to fans.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

Who cares.

But even without discount the other SL clubs should have been using their media channels and distribution lists to give info to fans.

Yup - a quick scan at Wire's Twitter and there is no mention or even a retweet of anything about the Grand Final. Based on the fact that quite a few fans would support Catalans above Saints I don't understand why this hasnt been picked up as part of the sales approach. I saw Super League share something about get behind Catalans - but that hasn't been shared by the rival clubs. 

Looking at the ticket plan, there seems little movement over the last few days, as things stand there will be a lot of emoty seats in the lower tier.

I fear the east stand has one row for sale, one row not on sale but that the not on sale haven't been bought. 

So silly having saints fans in West stand upper tier. 

Easy solution- on day take north stand tier 1 unsolds and agree a one for one swap with ticket holders with physical tickets if they want!? 

East stand- surely go to junior rugby clubs? 

Archived