Wigan’s new coaching team

Davo5

3 hours ago, M j M said:

Without wishing to be harsh, I think it's more a case of, "your powers are weak old man" with him now.

Well, without being too critical, I think it’s a case of Peet telling Wane

”The circle is now complete, when I left you I was just a learner, Now I am the Master”

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peet looks a bit like that fella off The Chase. He is pretty clever to be fair to him.

1_The-Chase.jpg

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 hours ago, M j M said:

I'm reminded of this image for some reason.

2596108132adacb8a5452549af948051.jpg?itok=CzkFlY-7

I didn't realise that product placement was around such a long time ago, but fair play to Ray Ban and Wayfarer for using an opportunity. A bit worrying that sales shot through the roof after this... leaves me wondering if that cool surfer dude you see at the beach is harbouring some extreme views.

6 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Given the level of fear and loathing expressed on here, I'd say the new team is a winner already!😃😃😃😃😃

It's certainly a lot more balanced than in recent years. Giving Briers a free reign on attacking moves could be similar to Ryan Sheridan's influence at Castleford. Peet knows the up and coming players well and Wane is there to offer input as a mentor and motivator when necessary. 

Even as a rival fan, I'd rather see this than another over-hyped NRL coach or an under-pressure ex fans'-favourite player.

Wakefield promote from within: great news!

Wigan promote from within: IT'S A DISASTER!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

37 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Wakefield promote from within: great news!

Wigan promote from within: IT'S A DISASTER!

Who said it was a disaster?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Given the level of fear and loathing expressed on here, I'd say the new team is a winner already!😃😃😃😃😃

You seem quite paranoid.

Wire fans unanimously wish Lee Briers the very best of luck; everyone seems pleased for Peet; Lockers has nothing but respect from people throughout the game; and everyone recognises Wane's winning mentality. Yet still the 'Wigan Defence League' mans the barricades. 🙄

5 hours ago, Scubby said:

Shaun Wane will get a bit of pocket money until after the World Cup has finished and will be in charge for 2023.

I would have thought Wane would have had plenty of influence in his appointment.  I don’t think it’s in the interests of anyone at Wigan to have an agenda here.  

A more pressing worry is that if Zak can get up early enough to get the bus from West Yorkshire in a morning.

I used to have strong negative opinion of Briers, especially when he played 14th man disguised as a water carrier. Get off the pitch, Briers, stop coaching and issuing instruction to the players!

Now I realise how wrong I was. Salt of the earth, the lad is. 😀

18 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I used to have strong negative opinion of Briers, especially when he played 14th man disguised as a water carrier. Get off the pitch, Briers, stop coaching and issuing instruction to the players!

Now I realise how wrong I was. Salt of the earth, the lad is. 😀

Do you forgive him being St Helens born and bred John?

5 hours ago, Jonty58 said:

Did Matt Peet play Rugby League at any level?

Did Kristian Woolf play rugby league at any level? He played for South’s Magpies in Brisbane between 1996 and 1997 but has been just a bit more successful as a coach than Kieran Cunningham who played nearly 500 games for St.Helens. Great players don’t always make great coaches and sometimes the best coaches never played the game at the top level. Will Matt Peet turn out to be a great coach? Only time will tell.

1 hour ago, Leeds Wire said:

Wire fans unanimously wish Lee Briers the very best of luck; 

On the golf course maybe.

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Wigan chairman Ian Lenagan said at a press conference to unveil the new backroom team: “We are delighted to appoint from within.

“This is not a cheap option, it is a big investment in coaching.”

If Lenagan feels the need to stress that it's not a cheap option, my thoughts are that most Wigan fans will feel it is.

We do, it is.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

46 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So according to some on here, Mr Wane is purposefully going to sabotage Mr Peets first season so he can take over in '23, get a life lads.

It is Wigan, if they struggle next year he will be gone.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Thereby showing your small minded approach to RL. You've done it many times on here.

You should create a WDL logo.

John Monie only played 48 top flight games over two seasons.

Didn't turn out to be a bad coach despite limited experience as a top flight player.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived