Sun 10 Oct: L1 Promotion Final: Workington Town v Doncaster KO 1pm (OurLeague)

Who will win?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Workington Town by 13 points or more
    • Workington Town by 7 to 12 points
    • Workington Town by 1 to 6 points
    • Doncaster by 1 to 6 points
    • Doncaster by 7 to 12 points
    • Doncaster by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/21 at 12:30

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That probably seals it for Worky.

30 - 12

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Well done Town. Well done to Donny as well, the score does not reflect your commitment.

Town, Barra and the Jam all in the same league next season 😀

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Ignoring any pedantic comments about the 1974 country boundary changes, it’s good to see the three Cumbrian teams back in the second tier together - will hopefully get some bumper derby crowds next season. 

Yes. But the best bit is I can start dislike those two jam eaters again🤣🤣🤣

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

15 minutes ago, Scubby said:

@DavidM will be turning up the thermostat tonight in celebration!

Congrats to all those Worky fans. Much to look forward next year with a handy side.

I’ll get back to you I can’t speak or press buttons at the minute 

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

Workington looks a tidy neat stadium from when i last visited in 1984. I don’t think it’d be any good for me now visiting, unless they let you hire some binoculars for the game. 

To be fair the stands are only 3 meters from the touch line at most - the curved end isn't as bad as it looks on TV and you don't have to stand there as its a 10k capacity ground so plenty of room.

20 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Very enjoyable but the scoreline is harsh on Doncaster.

Wasn't it great to see several generations of fans celebrating at the end? 

Too old to get on the pitch now but great for the young generation ,memories for life, great performance town and fantastic atmosphere 

Credit has to go to Chris Thorman for guiding this very young team to promotion. For many of them it’s their first full year in the pro game and also Chris’s first year as a head coach. Brilliant achievement all round and a very good nucleus of young local players to build from.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Congrats to Workington and good to see both Jam eater sides and Barrow in the Championship for next year. 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Unbelievable day , huge crowd , buzzing atmosphere and a tremendous performance on a day we had to nail it . Dont know how it looked but being there it seemed they spent most of it hanging onto our coattails , and after withstanding a spell of pressure we finally nailed it and ran over them late on, and then they started a bit of cheap stuff . Some good local players from the amateur ranks there , O’Brien and Fitzsimmons playing prop ( O’Brien was bought as a hooker ) give weight away but are just standouts . Tremendous advert for league one and a great old school celebratory pitch invasion

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Unbelievable day , huge crowd , buzzing atmosphere and a tremendous performance on a day we had to nail it . Dont know how it looked but being there it seemed they spent most of it hanging onto our coattails , and after withstanding a spell of pressure we finally nailed it and ran over them late on, and then they started a bit of cheap stuff . Some good local players from the amateur ranks there , O’Brien and Fitzsimmons playing prop ( O’Brien was bought as a hooker ) give weight away but are just standouts . Tremendous advert for league one and a great old school celebratory pitch invasion

Really pleased for you David,great result,enjoy the celebrations.

Good game and a deserved with for Town. Somebody should tell John Helm that they wont be crowned as champions as he keeps claiming.

A bit of recruitment and a big pre-season needed to be able compete in the Championship.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

29 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Credit has to go to Chris Thorman for guiding this very young team to promotion. For many of them it’s their first full year in the pro game and also Chris’s first year as a head coach. Brilliant achievement all round and a very good nucleus of young local players to build from.

It may be the first year at Workington as a head coach,but he was also a head coach at York,while they were in The Championship 

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityknights/9774573.chris-thorman-to-leave-york-city-knights-at-end-of-season/

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Archived