Sun 10 Oct: L1 Promotion Final: Workington Town v Doncaster KO 1pm (OurLeague)

Who will win?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Workington Town by 13 points or more
    • Workington Town by 7 to 12 points
    • Workington Town by 1 to 6 points
    • Doncaster by 1 to 6 points
    • Doncaster by 7 to 12 points
    • Doncaster by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/21 at 12:30

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Hey that’s a Whitehaven/Workington feud,you southerners keep out of it 😂

Half of my family live in Whitehaven/Seascale marra!

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Brilliant by Town today, fully deserved victory in a game we controlled for 90% of the time. 

And well done Carl Hall for spending time to congratulate the club in the sponsors lounge, must have been hard to do but he was very magnanimous in defeat.

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

Brilliant by Town today, fully deserved victory in a game we controlled for 90% of the time. 

And well done Carl Hall for spending time to congratulate the club in the sponsors lounge, must have been hard to do but he was very magnanimous in defeat.

Carl Hall is a great bloke

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

15 minutes ago, dkw said:

And the few Donny players who stayed for the presentation , at least one I saw actually clapping . 

9 minutes ago, weighman said:

No need for the snide comment DavidM, no doubt they were gutted . I saw the Doncaster players congratulating the town players on the pitch.

Well done Town , we came back hard early in the 2nd half , but not to be 2 weeks in a row.

What snide comment , I think you read it wrong

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I didn't see the game but I was pleased Workington Town won.

You always make interesting posts and I am pleased you have something to celebrate yourself. 

40 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

That attendance figure was taken from the News & Star. Was it way out then? 

Hard to tell mate- popular side was packed. Saying that usual crowd about 750 to 800 so 1200 more is a lot - maybe about right in hindsight 

Because Donny beat us twice in the league , they played the same game again , and because we had a higher grade ref who stood no nonsense at the play the ball we were able to get a quick play the ball ,which suited us down to the ground ,That made a big difference , and fair play to Donny they slugged it out without resorting to spoiling tactics , just after half time they blew a couple of tries , or Town pressured them into poor passes , whichever version you prefer otherwise it would a have been a bit closer ....Just a word for the RFL , Rugby League needs a good Div 1 and its got one , 6 points between the top 6 Teams tells me it was the most competitive league of the lot and needs looking after .UTT.

Archived