Sun 10 Oct: MPG: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique by 13 points or more
    • Toulouse Olympique by 7 to 12 points
    • Toulouse Olympique by 1 to 6 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 1 to 6 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 7 to 12 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/21 at 17:30

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Wouldn't it be great to just call it the Championship Grand Final? It is a final after all.

The MPG was a relegation decider more often than not.

Indeed.

Just had this conversation in the office before I posted the thread: 'What are we supposed to call this game?'

It has been listed in the League Express fixture list this week as the Million Pound Game, as that's the way it is being promoted everywhere else, hence using it here too.

Personally, I hate the term, and would much rather it was the Championship Grand Final, as emphasising the financial element just makes it feel cheap and tacky to me.

12 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Indeed.

Just had this conversation in the office before I posted the thread: 'What are we supposed to call this game?'

It has been listed in the League Express fixture list this week as the Million Pound Game, as that's the way it is being promoted everywhere else, hence using it here too.

Personally, I hate the term, and would much rather it was the Championship Grand Final, as emphasising the financial element just makes it feel cheap and tacky to me.

Sky Sports have it listed as the Million Pound Game.

Personally I think as it’s been held in France with a French team favourites to win it should be the Million Euros Game this year. 

10 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Sky Sports have it listed as the Million Pound Game.

Personally I think as it’s been held in France with a French team favourites to win it should be the Million Euros Game this year. 

If Toulouse win they will probably end up getting 1m Euros instead of £s.

Fev for me all day long,a strong side with plenty of raw power/biff will stop the flashy play after 30 minutes or so. a rough tough game with everything on the line that will see fev come out on top 34-20, i cant wait to see all the beefing even thou it will a been done correctly and best team will a won.:kolobok_aggressive: a few aching bones sunday for sure .

If Toulouse start like they did last weekend, Fev will be all over them.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Indeed.

Agreed, it shows the nous of those at RFL headquarters.

Fev have the player's to win this, I well remember the last final Fev played v Toronto and seeing John Davis's one man mission to hit hard but fairly nearly all the Toronto player's, I would suggest to Webster have Davis man mark Jonathan Ford and have Ford looking warily of where the next big hit is coming from, after playing 12 games (excepting the Fev game) of what has been no more than 'tick 'n pass' for Ford will he be up for a physical encounter?

Just thought I would add something to do with the actual game.

36 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Fev have the player's to win this, I well remember the last final Fev played v Toronto and seeing John Davis's one man mission to hit hard but fairly nearly all the Toronto player's, I would suggest to Webster have Davis man mark Jonathan Ford and have Ford looking warily of where the next big hit is coming from, after playing 12 games (excepting the Fev game) of what has been no more than 'tick 'n pass' for Ford will he be up for a physical encounter?

Just thought I would add something to do with the actual game.

It's a good shout and no better man for that job than JD, but he tends to play in the middle off the bench these days, not his best position imo but Frankie Halton has the right back row position.

Probably less worried about Ford (who plays on their left) than Gigot, as our defence on our right with Nu Brown to the fore has been very solid, whereas about 90% of tries we have conceded in recent weeks have come on our left edge.

I think a lot will depend on how the game is refed Toulouse will try and slow down the play the ball, loads of wrestling with 3rd man on top until the defensive line is set, if the officials clamp down on it and let the game flow Fev will win. If not probably Toulouse.

14 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Fev have a 12 point start with Sky Bet. 

Who would you bet on?

It is hard to say. My first thought is that it is a lot. However the bookmakers have to take into account if Toulouse are winning and on top, then Featherstone may tire and feel the effects of the travel. 

5 minutes ago, Niels said:

Who would you bet on?

It is hard to say. My first thought is that it is a lot. However the bookmakers have to take into account if Toulouse are winning and on top, then Featherstone may tire and feel the effects of the travel. 

I think I'd go for Toulouse, but seeing the way TWP blew it against London and had a very tough time against Fev, I think it could also be close. 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think I'd go for Toulouse, but seeing the way TWP blew it against London and had a very tough time against Fev, I think it could also be close. 

Featherstone have a great chance. They have been neck and neck with Toulouse all year, just need to be in touch getting into the later stages.

15 minutes ago, Niels said:

Who would you bet on?

On the basis that I pick the loser 90% of the time, I’m sticking £100 on Toulouse.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Agreed, it shows the nous of those at RFL headquarters.

Marketing has never been their strong point.

Magic Weekend FFS, it was only used at first because it was at The Millennium Stadium hence Millennium Magic.

Once it moved from Wales they should have been a bit more imaginative.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived