Sun 10 Oct: MPG: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique by 13 points or more
    • Toulouse Olympique by 7 to 12 points
    • Toulouse Olympique by 1 to 6 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 1 to 6 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 7 to 12 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/21 at 17:30

48 minutes ago, Padge said:

Marketing has never been their strong point.

Magic Weekend FFS, it was only used at first because it was at The Millennium Stadium hence Millennium Magic.

Once it moved from Wales they should have been a bit more imaginative.

Yep, one of my biggest bugbears that. But that's for a different thread. 

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot will depend on how the game is reffed.  Fev will try and slow down the play the ball, loads of wrestling with 3rd man on top until the defensive line is set.  If the officials clamp down on it and let the game flow, Toulouse will win. If not probably the Rovers.

9 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I think a lot will depend on how the game is reffed.  Fev will try and slow down the play the ball, loads of wrestling with 3rd man on top until the defensive line is set.  If the officials clamp down on it and let the game flow, Toulouse will win. If not probably the Rovers.

We are not a team who slows down the play the ball. We have been very disciplined all year. In fact it was Toulouse who used those tactics against us earlier in the season. 

1 hour ago, Steven Grason said:

We are not a team who slows down the play the ball. We have been very disciplined all year. In fact it was Toulouse who used those tactics against us earlier in the season. 

They were legitimate and within the rules of the game. They utilised the game plan effectively 

11 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

How many Fev Matches have you seen this season?.

11 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Parody post?

2 hours ago, Steven Grason said:

It was all quite legal though, just like when we do it.  On that day TO just did it better than us.

50 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

How many Fev Matches have you seen this season?.

None.

But don't take my post to heart, SOA2.  As David Shepherd and the Daddy have correctly spotted, it was a parody.

What I have seen plenty of this season - and in previous ones - is posters on these fora who claim that their team was robbed because they, perhaps naively, displayed angelic virtues compared to the utter disregard for the laws and spirit of the game shown by their ne'er-do-well opponents; and to make matters worse, the ref inexplicably didn't see it that way!

21 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

None.

But don't take my post to heart, SOA2.  As David Shepherd and the Daddy have correctly spotted, it was a parody.

What I have seen plenty of this season - and in previous ones - is posters on these fora who claim that their team was robbed because they, perhaps naively, displayed angelic virtues compared to the utter disregard for the laws and spirit of the game shown by their ne'er-do-well opponents; and to make matters worse, the ref inexplicably didn't see it that way!

As BSJ says on the Fev forum 

It is a proven fact that every club in this division has more bad decisions made against them than in their favour.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

20 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Sky Sports have it listed as the Million Pound Game.

Personally I think as it’s been held in France with a French team favourites to win it should be the Million Euros Game this year. 

Or 100,000 Euros. 

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

None.

Fair point but in the Championship there is less lying on and messing about at the play the ball than SL.But i agree most supporters are a bit blinkered when it comes to their teams matches.

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Fair point but in the Championship there is less lying on and messing about at the play the ball than SL.But i agree most supporters are a bit blinkered when it comes to their teams matches.

From the bits of championship and division 1 play (and indeed French Elite 1 as well) during 2021, I would agree with you. 

What I particularly liked about French Elite 1 was scrums (yes, I do miss them and the variety they offer to the thoughtful coaches and players) and honest PTBs with the foot the means of backward propulsion of the ball.

I hope the game is closer than the league game at Fev that TOXIII won comfortably. Fitting that the best two teams in the Championship face each other and I'd take a Doncasteresk finish 😉

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

28 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

This game is getting more interest on these forums than the SL grand final itself 

Yes I would not argue with that. Could it be that it an extremely important game between two teams that get next to zero TV exposure and therefore many are interested to see them play.

Where as GF , with respect to the two teams involved, we see at least one of them on TV just about every week. 

Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing 

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I hope the game is closer than the league game at Fev that TOXIII won comfortably. Fitting that the best two teams in the Championship face each other and I'd take a Doncasteresk finish 😉

You might take a finish like that but I don't think my ticker would. 😁

54 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Fev by 9. Big game experience and used to the intensity.

One of the reasons TO brought in Casti, Garbutt, Peyroux, Gigot, Pélissier et al. Hoping to bring in big game expérience.

Archived