Sun 10 Oct: MPG: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique by 13 points or more
    • Toulouse Olympique by 7 to 12 points
    • Toulouse Olympique by 1 to 6 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 1 to 6 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 7 to 12 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/21 at 17:30

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Hmm, good point, that must be why so many people were giving me funny looks when I was there back in 2019. What, French people have never seen a goose in a Hull shirt? Well they certainly will in Toulouse next year! 👍

I've seen a fair few in my time.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

10 minutes ago, Tubby said:

The obsession with the size of a city is ridiculous. Newcastle? London? St Helens?

It's not really ridiculous. You need an audience. You need a potential audience. 

new rise.jpg

Just now, Pulga said:

It's not really ridiculous. You need an audience. You need a potential audience. 

I understand your point, but it is more complex than that. For instance St Helens get approx 10 times the size of crowd than London. 

9 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It seems bizarre to notice it after the whole season but the body shapes of the Fev forwards were really noticeable. Toulouse looked noticably bigger in the middle and Fev could not hold them. Fev's aces seemed to be in the outside backs and they looked very dangerous, but unfortunately they could not stop the tide in the middle.

It looked like Toulouse would run away with it but Fev came back into the game but their attack inside Toulouse’s 20 let them down.

2 minutes ago, Quinskolar said:

Metropolitan area of Toulouse is 1,021,000. Fact.

Is not a fact. Several babies were born there this evening.😃

You have to compare like with like. So, again the population of Toulouse is around 500,000.  

5 minutes ago, Niels said:

In that case Leeds is the largest? 

Are you counting Leeds City or Leeds Metropolitan Borough> 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

I am not sure to be honest. The wiki figures for Leeds seem very high. 

It's only trivia but I suppose now the season is over we will need something to occupy us🙂

18 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It seems bizarre to notice it after the whole season but the body shapes of the Fev forwards were really noticeable. Toulouse looked noticably bigger in the middle and Fev could not hold them. Fev's aces seemed to be in the outside backs and they looked very dangerous, but unfortunately they could not stop the tide in the middle.

Yep, I thought when Ferguson came on he made a difference to that. 

Funnily enough I thought he was one of the better Featherstone players, yet he probably wouldn't have played if Cooper hadn't renewed his passport. 

Toulouse were class all over.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

And that is exactly the point.  Teams garner support from a much wider area than just the metropolis. There are Toulouse fans in Yorkshire, for example (fatuous point, I know, but is is after all, a fatuous argument). 

1 minute ago, Chris Taylor said:

Yep, I thought when Ferguson came on he made a difference to that. 

Funnily enough I thought he was one of the better Featherstone players, yet he probably wouldn't have played if Cooper hadn't renewed his passport. 

Toulouse were class all over.

Toulouse looked like a club with a week to prepare a clinical game plan. They then executed it in the first 20 minutes. Fev have all the constraints of being part timers and it told in that first half sadly. They needed the home side to make a shakey start to warm into the game. The second half was more of what Fev have been doing all season - trying their hand and using their outside backs.

2 minutes ago, Niels said:

I am not sure to be honest. The wiki figures for Leeds seem very high. 

It's only trivia but I suppose now the season is over we will need something to occupy us🙂

That's the problem, if you search population of Wigan you will get a figure around 350K, that will include Leigh though.

Wigan town is around 130k and Leigh around 110k with other places like Hindley, Atherton and Tyldesley making up for the rest.

Quoting populations isn't easily done accurately.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

That's the problem, if you search population of Wigan you will get a figure around 350K, that will include Leigh though.

Wigan town is around 130k and Leigh around 110k with other places like Hindley, Atherton and Tyldesley making up for the rest.

Quoting populations isn't easily done accurately.

That's the general con Census!

18 minutes ago, Tabby said:

So come the derby matches. Who will supporting who? Forgive my ignorance.

The French will support Toulouse and the Catalonians will support Les Dracs. Just a guess.

38 minutes ago, Tabby said:

So come the derby matches. Who will supporting who? Forgive my ignorance.

Toulouse will be the underdogs next season, which will probably garner support from neutrals.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived