Sun 10 Oct: MPG: Toulouse Olympique v Featherstone Rovers KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique by 13 points or more
    • Toulouse Olympique by 7 to 12 points
    • Toulouse Olympique by 1 to 6 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 1 to 6 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 7 to 12 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/21 at 17:30

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Agbrigg said:

I wonder if Zak Hardaker would be interested in a bit of French culture

It's a fair old ride in the Megabus that.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Is it me or does the atmosphere seems as flat as a crepe?

Seeing quite a lot of French fans posting about the crazy atmosphere at the game, so I think it was just the Sky coverage - although you could hear the Fev fans just fine.

25 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Toulouse deserved , best side all year and earned promotion . A welcome addition to SL and have what  it takes to make an impression 

David, if this was in the days of the middle 8's they wouldn't have been promoted. The challenge was to better SL and the Middle 8's where a great way of doing that. I wish them well in 2022, recruitment is vital but the Mayor will ensure they are funded and they have a few extra months to recruit. Wakey and Salford will be planning for the Championship or SL2 already

Just now, JonM said:

Seeing quite a lot of French fans posting about the crazy atmosphere at the game, so I think it was just the Sky coverage - although you could hear the Fev fans just fine.

Yeah, that was the odd thing. There were periods of virtual silence where it sounded like you could have heard a sparrow fart in a nearby Toulouse tree.

Great game, and Fev did very well to be right in it up to the [fairly] disallowed try. 

I'm really excited about Toulouse in SL next year. They certainly will need to strengthen, but as a very long-time RL fan, even I've been feeling it's all been a bit stale and same-old-same-old these last few years. I had stopped watching games which didn't involve Saints, and was feeling quite disenchanted. Toulouse offer something a bit new, a bit different, and after seeing the rise of Catalans into genuine contenders, I'm excited for what a potentially even bigger French team can bring in the future.

16 minutes ago, Scubby said:

tbf I haven't been posting no one will watch them for 2 years but I'm glad you've put it to bed.

Nobody has been watching them until last week tbf, which was my point. Glad you seem to be taking some personal satisfaction though - enjoy chief. 

3 minutes ago, Roy Haggerty said:

Great game, and Fev did very well to be right in it up to the [fairly] disallowed try. 

I'm really excited about Toulouse in SL next year. They certainly will need to strengthen, but as a very long-time RL fan, even I've been feeling it's all been a bit stale and same-old-same-old these last few years. I had stopped watching games which didn't involve Saints, and was feeling quite disenchanted. Toulouse offer something a bit new, a bit different, and after seeing the rise of Catalans into genuine contenders, I'm excited for what a potentially even bigger French team can bring in the future.

Couldn't agree more. Superleague really needed a shot in the arm.

Let's hope for they can stay up!

8 minutes ago, JonM said:

I was going to ask a silly question- no sound on in the pub and people mentioning how flat it all was. Are the attendees just on a curious freeby?  Sounds much better hearing reports of a good time. Hoping so anyway. 

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Nobody has been watching them until last week tbf, which was my point. Glad you seem to be taking some personal satisfaction though - enjoy chief. 

They had gone 500 days without a home game tbf. And their last one v Batley in March 2020 drew over 4.5k at Ernest Wallon so it was obvious to those who followed them closely that the foundations were there for what we've seen this last week.

On 08/10/2021 at 17:27, Harry Stottle said:

Look on the brightside Robin, you can go out with your mates to celebrate post game, get piffed up, then have the comfort of sleeping in your own bed as long as you want to.👍

On 06/10/2021 at 12:29, Harry Stottle said:

Well done Fev,

There'll be sum ale supped on Sunday neet, celebrating.

Mystic Meg has nowt to worry about then.

Feel really disappointed with the game today, even in the opening moments Toulouse were on top. 

The first half we had polar opposite performances, Toulouse looking incredibly strong and showing there dominance - whilst Featherstone probably could have broken wind and they would have followed through. 

Second half and the first 20 minutes was what I was expecting from the contest, but in all fairness the game was probably done in the first half. Featherstone were just left with far too much to do and even when they had chances the ball didn't bounce kindly in there favour. Probably due to the fact Toulouse were really good!

Toulouse most certainly deserve promotion into Super League and I hope they continue playing the way they do. Spectacular rugby.

Well done Toulouse.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

7 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Including Hull ?

Yes, Toulouse is quite a lot bigger than Hull.

Toulouse is a fantastic city to visit; I really hope I can get there for a game next year.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Feel really disappointed with the game today, even in the opening moments Toulouse were on top. 

The first half we had polar opposite performances, Toulouse looking incredibly strong and showing there dominance - whilst Featherstone probably could have broken wind and they would have followed through. 

Second half and the first 20 minutes was what I was expecting from the contest, but in all fairness the game was probably done in the first half. Featherstone were just left with far too much to do and even when they had chances the ball didn't bounce kindly in there favour. Probably due to the fact Toulouse were really good!

Toulouse most certainly deserve promotion into Super League and I hope they continue playing the way they do. Spectacular rugby.

Well done Toulouse.

It seems bizarre to notice it after the whole season but the body shapes of the Fev forwards were really noticeable. Toulouse looked noticably bigger in the middle and Fev could not hold them. Fev's aces seemed to be in the outside backs and they looked very dangerous, but unfortunately they could not stop the tide in the middle.

Best team of the season and on the night won by a mile. A lot of pressure on TO to win the game. Good atmosphere though the fans were quieter than the Batley game.

Great that the main sponsor Mr Sarrazin has seen his investment finally bear fruit, the game  needs people like him.

Next season will be fun, let’s enjoy it for however long it lasts.

Archived