Sat 9 Oct: SLGF: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons by 13 points or more
    • Catalans Dragons by 7 to 12 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/21 at 17:30

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this game will be won and lost in the first 20 minutes. If Cats can stop Saints from steamrolling them in the first quarter I think they’ll go on to win. If Saints take hold early and score points, they’ll go on to win. I’m hoping for an exciting match won by skill and not an awful refereeing display. Come on Catalan, put a new name on the trophy 

While its going to be a good tough game, ultimately I think Saints will run out winners by a couple of clear scores in the end. While the results this year show Catalans winning 2 out of 3 games against saints it doesn't really reflect the performances.

In the first game in France Saints put in one of their worst performances with a completion rate of 50odd % but still only narrowly lost by 4 points. At Magic aside from the opening 5 and last 5 mins Saints pretty much dominated and I seriously doubt they'll have another lapse like that again in the GF.

If both teams perform at or near their best I can't see past anything than a clear Saints win 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

51 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Saints favourites but a lot will depend on the ref & how he polices the ruck,if he clamps down on Saints slowing it down & we get an open game the Catalans have a decent chance of pulling off the win,

Or more likely how well he clamps down on the constant stream of cheap shots & high tackles from Maloney, J Tomkins. McMeekan & McIlorum.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I'll be there....Catalans are my Super League team and have been since Crusaders RL folded.

I wasn't sure we'd get rugby league in North Wales at the time so a few of us decided to bolster the UK support for Catalans (Catalans Dragons Supporters Group (Welsh Branch)), but we've been across to Perpignan a couple of time to watch them and to that wonderful Challenge Cup win. Allez les Dracs

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Saints favourites but a lot will depend on the ref & how he polices the ruck,if he clamps down on Saints slowing it down & we get an open game the Catalans have a decent chance of pulling off the win,

Agree 100 percent with this mate. Every team tries to slow the ptb down but Saints have mastered the art—- and I don’t think it is an art—- of having 3 players lying on in the tackle and somehow rarely giving penalties away

Head says Saints, heart says Dragons.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

First time I’ve not been to a grand final in a long time - exclusively due to finances with a wedding on the horizon -  but the one I’ve looked forward to most in a while as I think this could be a high scoring cracker. Voted Catalans by a score but really have no idea, as said above I think the first twenty are crucial, I can see saints getting a lead and Cats clawing it back but it depends on whether that early lead is too great.

Best two teams in the comp this year, good luck to both (but particularly Catalans).

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

That’s the one.  Last man to flop in, is the last man to release the ball carrier.

In a funny way, I think the Magic game was the worst thing that could have happened for Catalans.

I think this Saints outfit are just too big, too fit and too strong for them and proved it for 65 minutes in Newcastle. 

Full credit to Catalans for the comeback in that game but they just don't happen often enough.

I expect a thoroughly professional performance from Saints to strangle the game and win by a few scores.  This time they will be ruthless for 80 minutes and I will go 28-10 as a guess.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, The British Lion said:

Sint Elins will have too much big game experience to let this slip. However, Catalans can do then upset if they are fully on their game - and they'll need to be!

Yes, Catalan were lacking in big game Wembley atmosphere experience in 2018, boy did they pay for that.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived