Sat 9 Oct: SLGF: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons by 13 points or more
    • Catalans Dragons by 7 to 12 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/21 at 17:30

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The British Lion said:

Haha. Padge, I don't count my own team in big game experience 😉 

After all, its always our year.

3 finals, 2 of them wins, in the previous 8 years compared to never. 😕

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Saints are obvious favourites but if they don't win I fancy Catalans.

You should try and find a bookie who will take an each way bet.  If you, definitely get a few quid on Catalans.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

47 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Saints; simply can’t see past the Woolf juggernaut claiming another title. Catalans will have to be superb to beat us.

Saw him wearing a Primark jacket the other day.

Definitely a Woolf in cheap clothing.

Catalans have plenty of big games experience, although those players got it with other clubs. The likes of Tomkins, Maloney etc aren't going to be overawed. No chance.

It'll be on performance. Catalans have proved they have the ability beat us. But I am confident in our ability as we dominated at Magic and, if we play like that, we won't collapse again.

Neither outcome would surprise me tbh! And, if we do lose, I hope people credit Catalans rather than focus on our loss because it would be all about them and rightly so.

59 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Catalans have plenty of big games experience, although those players got it with other clubs. The likes of Tomkins, Maloney etc aren't going to be overawed. No chance.

It'll be on performance. Catalans have proved they have the ability beat us. But I am confident in our ability as we dominated at Magic and, if we play like that, we won't collapse again.

Neither outcome would surprise me tbh! And, if we do lose, I hope people credit Catalans rather than focus on our loss because it would be all about them and rightly so.

It'll be great ref you fule.

Have you learned nothing.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 hours ago, Scubby said:

Saw him wearing a Primark jacket the other day.

Definitely a Woolf in cheap clothing.

🤔 You should have quit while you were ahead...

Unfortunately Saints have the book, t shirt, dvd, etc., etc. so they will be considered strong favourites.

But I'd love to see a new name on the SL Trophy and Les Cats have the SL MOS playing for them so they must be in with a shout.

Alex Walmsley is a great player and very difficult to put down but he also constantly seems to play the victim and I reckon makes more forward gain from unjust penalties/six agains than tackle busts.

If Liam Moore can buck the trend and resist allowing this then Catalans have a very good chance on Saturday.

Our telly will be adorned with Garlic and onions as it was for the SF but I doubt it'll do much good this time.

Gallic Heroes 14 Sintellerns 21.

(Oh, and Lachlan Coote to win the Harry Sunderland Trophy with a Lord Mayor's type performance...I wonder what's in store for him after that?...)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I would like to see Catalans win ,I would like to see Catalans  breakthrough.  I think it will be good for the sport . Nothing against St Helens thetey are a good team. I really dont know who will win .I hope it's a great final 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

All the social media coverage leading up to Saturday’s GF is reminiscent of the run up to the 2019 final when the social media commentary was largely aimed at Salford and their run for glory, there was very little talk of St Helens. On the day of the GF Saints just turned up for work and did a professional job. Whilst many would say that Catalan are a better opponent (they are an excellent side) I see a similar outcome and score line. Good luck to both sides. 

2 hours ago, HRH Lord Snooty said:

All the social media coverage leading up to Saturday’s GF is reminiscent of the run up to the 2019 final when the social media commentary was largely aimed at Salford and their run for glory, there was very little talk of St Helens. On the day of the GF Saints just turned up for work and did a professional job. Whilst many would say that Catalan are a better opponent (they are an excellent side) I see a similar outcome and score line. Good luck to both sides. 

It is a natural observation to make and one that probably has strong possibilities. For me, it is really about how much the Dragons can raise their game on the big stage, and whether that will be good enough to beat an experienced Saints team who are clear favourites. I really do think they could...

The intrigue is that, if Catalans were to race into a 10 point lead on the back of a rip-roaring start, it is game on. If Saints blast 10 points in the first 10 minutes, I can't see them yielding. 

I am heading to OT to shout for the Dragons, and will be absolutely delighted if they were to come away with the win.

21 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I would like to see Catalans win ,I would like to see Catalans  breakthrough.  I think it will be good for the sport . Nothing against St Helens thetey are a good team. I really dont know who will win .I hope it's a great final 

I argued just this point on one of the FB pages. Apparently I am Sad, Bitter and Jealous. (Fair Cop). I replied that even if this is true it doesn't negate my point.  I suppose that without 'narrow tribalism ' it would be a different game experience. 

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

On 06/10/2021 at 06:28, Old Frightful said:

Alex Walmsley is a great player and very difficult to put down but he also constantly seems to play the victim and I reckon makes more forward gain from unjust penalties/six agains than tackle busts.

If Liam Moore can buck the trend and resist allowing this then Catalans have a very good chance on Saturday.

Alex also gains an advantage by rolling the ball through his legs. He`s one of the most brazen offenders. 

If Liam stopped allowing players like Alex to make a mockery of the PTB, that would really buck trend.

6 hours ago, HRH Lord Snooty said:

Maybe Lord Snooty should change its name to Little Large Fontleroy

Archived