Sat 9 Oct: SLGF: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons by 13 points or more
    • Catalans Dragons by 7 to 12 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/21 at 17:30

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

League Leaders seemed to have stumbled at the grand final on a number of occasions. I'm sure that will be on the minds of Catalans in their preparation.  The first 20 minutes will be interesting 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 hour ago, Dallas Mead said:

I have zero French speaking skills but even I can work that out as good news! 😂👍

Published on 08/10/2021 at 09:10 , updated at 09:15

Joan Laporta sent a letter of congratulations and encouragement to Bernard Guasch who is playing the Super League final in Manchester this Saturday.

There was a strong talk that Joan Laporta and his friend and right-hand man Miquel Camps would be on the trip to Manchester this Saturday morning. Especially since Miquel Camps has already come to Brutus twice recently. In addition, there is no Liga match this next weekend.

Unfortunately, given Barça's sporting and economic news, the leaders of the blaugrana club are holding up meetings and had to decline the Dragons' invitation on Wednesday morning, sending a letter to President Bernard Guasch.

Joan Laporta congratulates Bernard Guasch on the historic qualification in the Super League final and expresses "esteem" and "admiration" from southern Catalonia for what the Dragons have accomplished in rugby, a sport "deeply rooted in our country, especially in Northern Catalaonia". He also wishes the Dragons "good luck" for this Saturday's final in Old Trafford in Manchester. Jean-Charles Tolza was once again at the origin of the relations between the two presidents.

Below, the letter that was sent to the president of the Catalan Dagons.

Carta Perpignan Dragons by L'Indépendant

The Super League final will be broadcast live on TV3, Catalan television, which has sent three people to Manchester since Thursday.
Moreover, a new presentation of the Catalan Dragons at Camp Nou in the event of a victory cannot be ruled out.

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:
Published on 08/10/2021 at 09:10 , updated at 09:15

Joan Laporta sent a letter of congratulations and encouragement to Bernard Guasch who is playing the Super League final in Manchester this Saturday.

There was a strong talk that Joan Laporta and his friend and right-hand man Miquel Camps would be on the trip to Manchester this Saturday morning. Especially since Miquel Camps has already come to Brutus twice recently. In addition, there is no Liga match this next weekend.

Unfortunately, given Barça's sporting and economic news, the leaders of the blaugrana club are holding up meetings and had to decline the Dragons' invitation on Wednesday morning, sending a letter to President Bernard Guasch.

Joan Laporta congratulates Bernard Guasch on the historic qualification in the Super League final and expresses "esteem" and "admiration" from southern Catalonia for what the Dragons have accomplished in rugby, a sport "deeply rooted in our country, especially in Northern Catalaonia". He also wishes the Dragons "good luck" for this Saturday's final in Old Trafford in Manchester. Jean-Charles Tolza was once again at the origin of the relations between the two presidents.

Below, the letter that was sent to the president of the Catalan Dagons.

Carta Perpignan Dragons by L'Indépendant

The Super League final will be broadcast live on TV3, Catalan television, which has sent three people to Manchester since Thursday.
Moreover, a new presentation of the Catalan Dragons at Camp Nou in the event of a victory cannot be ruled out.

Barcelona FC are in so much merde it's incredible only thing that can save them is ditching the current membership model and selling out to either Oligarch or Middle Eastern investment 😀

It's a mess 

P

Ps/In Manchester now flew from Girona yesterday i must say that the kurdish barbers here are the best 👌

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Barcelona FC are in so much merde it's incredible only thing that can save them is ditching the current membership model and selling out to either Oligarch or Middle Eastern investment 😀

It's a mess 

P

Ps/In Manchester now flew from Girona yesterday i must say that the kurdish barbers here are the best 👌

They could just live within their means and the public could attend the stadium more so it sells out

Back to the game itself...

I think I could get quite emotional if Catalans snatch it in the last few seconds. In fact, whichever way it goes, I hope it is one that the couch potato, keyboard warrior, flat-capping naysayers think, "****, I wish I was there to see that!"

Happy Grand Final Eve folks, and for those making their way to Old Trafford tomorrow, I hope you enjoy it as much as I will.

49 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Back to the game itself...

I think I could get quite emotional if Catalans snatch it in the last few seconds. In fact, whichever way it goes, I hope it is one that the couch potato, keyboard warrior, flat-capping naysayers think, "****, I wish I was there to see that!"

Happy Grand Final Eve folks, and for those making their way to Old Trafford tomorrow, I hope you enjoy it as much as I will.

Looking forward to it as a non-neutral neutral.

10 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

It's a mess 

P

They are excellent hairdressers. My barber is Kurdish also. 🙂

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

For people who have followed French RL's fortunes over the years this is pretty amazing.

FBPco3VWQAMwoGE?format=jpg&name=medium

Wow! I have spent much time in France, particularly the Pyrenees, and have always searched out any Rugby League news. Normally it is the tiniest article buried away if anything. This is incredible!
As always I want my team to win but just imagine the coverage if Catalans are victorious. A small part of me could cope with losing if this is what it means.

Hoping for a classic that gets headlines for the right reasons regardless.

Thanks for sharing. Vive le treize! 

Feel like the BBC build up on TV and radio has been good too. Having a club with a story like the Catalans (and a new face) gives the national media something to talk about, a tale to tell.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

Feel like the BBC build up on TV and radio has been good too. Having a club with a story like the Catalans (and a new face) gives the national media something to talk about, a tale to tell.

Just watched Sky trailer on twitter ,powerful stuff! -this is a major breakthrough not seen this quality from Sky since 1996!

If the ref can put a stop to Walmsleys bambi act wandering up the field before he plays the ball and keep them all onside for once Catalans might have chance. So on that basis Saints by 20+.

6 minutes ago, Loiner said:

If the ref can put a stop to Walmsleys bambi act wandering up the field before he plays the ball and keep them all onside for once Catalans might have chance. So on that basis Saints by 20+.

Yeah and Catalan are all little angels.

26 minutes ago, Bod said:

Yeah and Catalan are all little angels.

I'm sure Roby and Walmsley will be on hand to advise the ref on any indiscretions they perceive.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Samkins has just been confirmed as FB for the match.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I fancy Saints will burst a lot of very euphoric bubbles tonight and win by 20+, even to an untrained eye it is unmistakeable how in the last couple of games Saints have upped the anti, I don't think Cats have the defence to hold them or the offence to worry them, and lesson learned Saints will not turn off as they did in the Magic game.

Archived