Sat 9 Oct: SLGF: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons by 13 points or more
    • Catalans Dragons by 7 to 12 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/21 at 17:30

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

As good a GF I have had the pleasure of watching, both teams have everything, If I have one grumble the referring is far to strict in equal measures against both teams.

You just can’t afford to mess about at the PTB. Either way.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, andyscoot said:

Honestly it was the most stupid play I think I've seen in a Grand Final (okay that's a lie). They had field position and there was absolutely no gain. 

It had a huge impact on the flow of the game, was just so dumb and by a player with enormous experience. 

Well...in an 80 minute Grand Final where hardly any player plays the ball properly, Liam Moore decides to suddenly penalise Catalans for an incorrect play the ball and give the game to Saints as the clock ticks down.

I'm sorry but that was a disgrace.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Naiqama an unsurprising choice for MotM.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Old Frightful said:

Well...in an 80 minute Grand Final where hardly any player plays the ball properly, Liam Moore decides to suddenly penalise Catalans for an incorrect play the ball and give the game to Saints as the clock ticks down.

I don't believe in focusing too much on refs, but I am very disappointed with a couple of key decisions tonight. That last decision was horrendous. Really really crucial. 

BBC2 highlights tomorrow from 5 to 6pm.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Good game and best refereeing i have seen for a while.

Can I have a pint of what you're on. Keep off the biffters lad.

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Hmm a last minute call in a final with an ‘incorrect play the ball’ favouring the traditional big club… what like the one Liam Moore called against Salford in last year’s Challenge Cup?

Just a conincidence I guess?? 

The decision against Tomkins was more than a little bizarre, but prior to that I felt Catalans had had more of the rub of the green with the 50/50s.

I'm sure I wasn't alone it wanting Catalans to win, but I always felt like Saints would win and were more dominant. I'm sure the stats will back this up.

Just now, theswanmcr said:

Hmm a last minute call in a final with an ‘incorrect play the ball’ favouring the traditional big club… what like the one Liam Moore called against Salford in last year’s Challenge Cup?

It was the wrong decision imho, but it was an error, not a conspiracy. 

1 minute ago, theswanmcr said:

Ignoring the difficulty of getting a ref to act corruptly, can you explain why Super League would want Saints to win it for a third time?

What exactly is in it for them that they would rig the game to favour Saints? Call me crazy, but Catalans winning would create far more headlines and interest for the RFL

Anyone complaining about whether the ref should or shouldn't have given a penalty at the play the ball hasn't been watching Rugby League for the last 15 years.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It was the wrong decision imho, but it was an error, not a conspiracy. 

Exactly my thoughts. My feeling up until that point was that the ref had been favouring Cats, and that if Cats won this would be somewhat controversial.

Archived