Sat 9 Oct: SLGF: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons by 13 points or more
    • Catalans Dragons by 7 to 12 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/21 at 17:30

Just now, Maximus Decimus said:

There are probably 30 decisions in a game like that one that a ref could/could've given, I'm sure Catalans got some calls for them that should've been a penalty.

Had the ref allowed play on, I doubt a single person on this thread would've mentioned it.

I wanted Catalans to win and was annoyed by the call as it effectively ended the game, but it was hardly like an incorrect forward pass call when a player is straight through or something.

But it still was an incorrect call that decided the outcome,haven’t a clue what your last point has to do with anything.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dkw said:

I think he got that one wrong, but I also think he got call wrong a few minutes earlier when it blatantly came of a Catalans player but he gave a drop out for saints, but that's not getting mentioned at all.

Swings and roundabouts...

I'm not sure which one you mean on that tbh

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

He does stand up. His feet are up and his hands are off the ground. 

I'd add an image but I can't compress it enough. There is no offence from Tomkins. At all. 

By the way, his feet are not up. I don't know why I typed that. I meant he has both feet on the ground (not knees). 

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

But it still was an incorrect call that decided the outcome,haven’t a clue what your last point has to do with anything.

The point is that it didn't really do much to decide the outcome and it is being treated like a legitimate try was chalked off.

It was an incorrect call, but a penalty to Tomkins wouldn't have been a good one and in the circumstances would've been soft.

If the ref had to give a penalty it should've gone to Tomkins, but he didn't need to and shouldn't have given one either way.

The touch save by coote, just to clear the rule up for me, I always thought that if the ball crossed the line in the air it was in touch, it doesn't need to touch the ground,so if you jump from the field of play the ball is still out! 

8 minutes ago, Scubby said:

On the tram, very enjoyable occasion and game. 45k looked about right I was pretty high.

Arm wrestle between 2 of the top sides. RL can be just fun sometimes without being over picky.

Good work

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just now, barnyia said:

The touch save by coote, just to clear the rule up for me, I always thought that if the ball crossed the line in the air it was in touch, it doesn't need to touch the ground,so if you jump from the field of play the ball is still out! 

No, if you jump from the field and get the ball back in before it hits the ground its play on.

In this case though coote went for a stroll of the pitch then threw it back in, which was missed by the Lino, incredibly 

Request to the powers that be in Super League -can we please play next season's Grand final without a referee and  make all decisions via a link with this forum. That way the game can be decided by majority vote and will probably last until Wednesday. For heaven's sake you moaning miseries - if you didn't enjoy that game then go and watch something else and stop complaining about he referee.

1 minute ago, barnyia said:

Someone else will know for sure but my understanding is if you jump from the field of play and nudge the back back in without touching the ground that's okay.

Trouble is Coote both jumped from an "out" position because his feet were touching the line when he jumped but he also landed before jumping again. He effectively jumped twice from outside the field of play and it was allowed.

Just now, Rowan said:

Request to the powers that be in Super League -can we please play next season's Grand final without a referee and  make all decisions via a link with this forum. That way the game can be decided by majority vote and will probably last until Wednesday. For heaven's sake you moaning miseries - if you didn't enjoy that game then go and watch something else and stop complaining about he referee.

I don't think anyone has said they didn't enjoy the game. 

10 minutes ago, Scubby said:

On the tram, very enjoyable occasion and game. 45k looked about right I was pretty high.

Arm wrestle between 2 of the top sides. RL can be just fun sometimes without being over picky.

Back at our hotel... Enjoyed it and atmosphere was fantastic despite a lower than normal crowd 

We are debating whether we go to Headingly tomorow or not... Think we will.... 

Anyway... Now we are continuing the party while watching the dancing on telly! 

DSC_0065-min (1).JPG

1 minute ago, andyscoot said:

Someone else will know for sure but my understanding is if you jump from the field of play and nudge the back back in without touching the ground that's okay.

Trouble is Coote both jumped from an "out" position because his feet were touching the line when he jumped but he also landed before jumping again. He effectively jumped twice from outside the field of play and it was allowed.

He was miles out, big blunder from the touchie.

4 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Refs done nothing wrong. Video ref was more of an issue.

Sure this was covered an hour ago but I’m not wading through 23 pages…. Anyone manage to explain why Catalans didn’t get given a penalty try? Found that odd 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

20 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

The point is that it didn't really do much to decide the outcome and it is being treated like a legitimate try was chalked off.

It was an incorrect call, but a penalty to Tomkins wouldn't have been a good one and in the circumstances would've been soft.

If the ref had to give a penalty it should've gone to Tomkins, but he didn't need to and shouldn't have given one either way.

So a kickable penalty with 2 minutes to go wouldn’t have done much to decide the game,ok.

7 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Sure this was covered an hour ago but I’m not wading through 23 pages…. Anyone manage to explain why Catalans didn’t get given a penalty try? Found that odd 

Video ref obviously felt that they couldn't prove he would have scored, which is dubious as there was nobody else near Yaha

Archived