Jump to content

Sat 9 Oct: SLGF: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 18:00 (Sky)


Who will win?  

89 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Catalans Dragons by 13 points or more
      3
    • Catalans Dragons by 7 to 12 points
      16
    • Catalans Dragons by 1 to 6 points
      29
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
      10
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
      19
    • St Helens by 13 points or more
      12

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/21 at 17:30

Recommended Posts


Just now, dkw said:

I don't think a ref could give that as a certain try as he's getting tackled. 

But the Tackle is a foul. A penalty try can't be negated by the fact that had he not fouled he would have stopped a try. 

The only thing that should prevent it would be if there was another player coming in cover. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

I don’t think it has to be certain try does it?

The question needs to be why wouldn't he have scored? Remove Makinson from that, nobody was around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, andyscoot said:

On the penalty try - if they judge Makinson to have fouled, do they effectively take him out of play and run it as if he wasn't there?

They have to. You can't give him the benefit of not fouling. Otherwise you will literally never have a penalty try as you would create a scenario where the fouling player does not foul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dave T said:

They have to. You can't give him the benefit of not fouling. Otherwise you will literally never have a penalty try as you would create a scenario where the fouling player does not foul.

Then absolutely you'd have to conclude that was a penalty try, there was nobody else near.

Though it seems the video ref doesn't think of it that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The question needs to be why wouldn't he have scored? Remove Makinson from that, nobody was around. 

Good point actually, i can only think the initial point of contact saved Saints.

Edited by dkw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, andyscoot said:

Then absolutely you'd have to conclude that was a penalty try, there was nobody else near.

Though it seems the video ref doesn't think of it that way.

It's a shame we don't get the VR commentary as the clowns on Sky don't help with the discussion. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Good point actually, i can only think the initial point of contact saved Saints.

I suppose thee may be something in that technically. The legal part of the hit was probably enough to halt the try (or put doubt on it) and then going up into the face was the foul. 

For me we need to be brave on penalising foul play in those situations. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...