The 2022 Wish List..

coolie

An experienced enforcer for the pack would make a big difference. Ferguson, maybe, but his injury record isn't good. Forwards get so much hammer in SL nowadays (yes, much much more than in the old days) that they very rarely drop down the divisions gracefully, so I don't know who would be a good candidate. We do have some good and promising young forwards but they need some leadership too.

Sammut is only an impact players at best nowadays and would cost too much, I reckon.

I like Dean a lot but am always nervous about loan players - how many have we had over the last few seasons that have been recalled early ? Half backs are like gold dust: Batley were scratching around for one at the start of last season then Gilmore dropped into their lap and look what a difference he made. No disrespect to the rest of their players but I doubt that they would have had anything like as successful season without him.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, graham fisher said:

The half back we were rumoured to be interested in as signed a new contract for next year at his present club, which I am glad about. 

Not Farrell the younger by any chance?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

18 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Not Farrell the younger by any chance?

Nope, a C1 club.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Nope, a C1 club.

What... you can't even land a CH1 player?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

14 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

What... you can't even land a CH1 player?

Not for the contract being paid, no we can't.

I have to admit I am impressed with the recent video clips on twitter, that I guess your new media man is behind. I liked the new one with the lad from Hunslet and thought it a great idea to go looking for him on a match day... 

On 06/10/2021 at 08:52, coolie said:

In the next couple of weeks news of new signing should start to be announced, who is on your wish list?? 

My list

Riley Dean (loan) 

Dale Ferguson 

Jarrod Sammut 

Who's your pick🤔

Hmmmm! It's almost like you had some kind of special knowledge!

8 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Hmmmm! It's almost like you had some kind of special knowledge!

It's the voices in his head!!

5 hours ago, coolie said:

A lucky guess🤔😉😉😉😉

A broken clock is right twice a day🤔😉😉😉😉😉😉

Not if the hands av dropped off!

The signings we have made have been really good so far. We should have a really strong pack for next year.

A lot now depends on who we sign to play 6 & 7. I hope Mr Sawyer has kept some money in the kitty for these pivotal positions as this piece of recruitment will either make or break our season!

Riley Dean on Season loan would be good plus an experienced but not pensionable aged Scrum Half would fit the bill nicely.

rambo.gif

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

The signings we have made have been really good so far. We should have a really strong pack for next year.

A lot now depends on who we sign to play 6 & 7. I hope Mr Sawyer has kept some money in the kitty for these pivotal positions as this piece of recruitment will either make or break our season!

Riley Dean on Season loan would be good plus an experienced but not pensionable aged Scrum Half would fit the bill nicely.

I believe that the Squadbuilder money raised from regular donations from supporters, is still available so we all know how to improve our chances of a good signing, don't we?

😉😉

20 hours ago, Rambo said:

A 27 year old goalkicking scrum half would be perfect I reckon.

Archived