Premier Sports TV Deal

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to have a secondary provider showing RL now. I hope it works out financially for the Championship clubs. 

The Cup games make this more attractive, but not sure it will be quite enough for me to part with another £13 a month on top of my other subs, but I like the sound of the Monday show with highlights of the weekend games. That could work nicely. 

Premier do appear to be more credible than last time we had RL there.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Not FTA is it?

No mention of FreeSports (that I could see) so I assume this will be mostly on the sub-based Premier Sports.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

not sure it will be quite enough for me to part with another £13 a month on top of my other subs

Deals are normally available

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

No doubt people will complain that players will have to do a day's work first on take a day off to play on a Monday night and if anyone has to travel to or from Cumbria there will be a meltdown 

How much is it worth 

7 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

No doubt people will complain that players will have to do a day's work first on take a day off to play on a Monday night and if anyone has to travel to or from Cumbria there will be a meltdown 

That's a valid consideration. I assume they will get round it through scheduling the bigger teams who are likely to be full time, or games between teams based close together.

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That's a valid consideration. I assume they will get round it through scheduling the bigger teams who are likely to be full time, or games between teams based close together.

Or at least give enough notice. I don’t know how RL coped in 70s & 80s when there were loads of midweek fixtures 😳

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

If Toulouse go up, there will only be Newcastle and potentially Leigh who will be full time won't there?

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That's a valid consideration. I assume they will get round it through scheduling the bigger teams who are likely to be full time.

It's like it's never happened before.🥺

To be fair, even getting to home games for around 6 pm is probably going to involve leaving work early.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

10 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

A poor idea. You have just as many people on OuRLeague that you are supposed to be building up which already has far more subscribers. It will hurt crowds whilst doing nothing for exposure behind a paywall (so no increase in any sponsors) and the viewing figures are woeful. 

This is a terrible deal, should have had weekly subscription now for ouRLeague and build the app for the World Cup. It´s a vanity deal, nothing more. 

I'd assumed they would still have our league games on over the weekend, with a game moved to monday for Premier. It does mention "exclusive" in the press release though so I may be wrong. However setanta do have a knack of inaccurately flowering up there PR

14 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

A poor idea. You have just as many people on OuRLeague that you are supposed to be building up which already has far more subscribers. It will hurt crowds whilst doing nothing for exposure behind a paywall (so no increase in any sponsors) and the viewing figures are woeful. 

This is a terrible deal, should have had weekly subscription now for ouRLeague and build the app for the World Cup. It´s a vanity deal, nothing more. 

Have to agree, the ppv ticket system seemed good imo, not going to be paying £12.99 a month for this channel I'm afraid.

Archived