Premier Sports TV Deal

2 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

What if the stadium you rent can’t accommodate Monday night games?? Or the stadium you own can’t get staff to open on a Monday night ??

We may have a loop hole here

Would depend what the contract that’s been signed says. 

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

What if the stadium you rent can’t accommodate Monday night games?? Or the stadium you own can’t get staff to open on a Monday night ??

Then we'll see a 0-24, away walk over

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Why? Especially if the clubs involved have agreed an alternate date ie 3pm Sunday

If you don't turn up at the kick off time then the points go to the team that does.

That's how it works.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Why? Especially if the clubs involved have agreed an alternate date ie 3pm Sunday

Again it will come down to what contract you have signed but if we go off other TV contracts. Clubs are usually allowed to give certain dates at the start of the season where your ground won’t be available for various reasons (Weddings etc 😂). After that it’s then the clubs responsibility to find somewhere to hold the match even if that means away from their home ground. 

If this was about money for the clubs then they should let the Championship film every home and away games and allow clubs to sell packages to their fans for home/away livestreams and full match replays. If that was £10-15 per month for each club then if they could probably earn a lot more than the "potential" £6k they may or may not get.

A club like Leigh, Bradford or Fev could probably get 1-2k subscribers - so £10-30k gross per month. Cumbrian clubs and London probably would get quite a few subscribers for away games alone.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

If this was about money for the clubs then they should let the Championship film every home and away games and allow clubs to sell packages to their fans for home/away livestreams and full match replays. If that was £10-15 per month for each club then if they could probably earn a lot more than the "potential" £6k they may or may not get.

A club like Leigh, Bradford or Fev could probably get 1-2k subscribers - so £10-30k gross per month. Cumbrian clubs and London probably would get quite a few subscribers for away games alone.

AR the minute FEV show all their games home and away full games and highlights starting  Monday or Tuesday after the game on ROVERS TV for a monthly or yearly subscription with concessions for ST holders

The Sky package prevented FEV from  showing live streams but allowed live commentary will have to see if premier demand the same

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

What is the worst outcome of this deal? 

That fans don’t buy season tickets due to 35% of home games being on the Monday evening, they then get out of the habit of funday Sundays and do something else.

That sponsors don’t buy into Monday night corporate lash ups.

That clubs shrink or die as a result

this really is the poorest deal ever, if one of my Sales Managers brought this to me I would sack him

4 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

That fans don’t buy season tickets due to 35% of home games being on the Monday evening, they then get out of the habit of funday Sundays and do something else.

That sponsors don’t buy into Monday night corporate lash ups.

That clubs shrink or die as a result

this really is the poorest deal ever, if one of my Sales Managers brought this to me I would sack him

Who on earth is playing a third of their games on Mondays?

I still think that the Championship clubs would have been better of sticking with Our League and SKY for end of season games + the Big Bash which needs to be moved to York.

My wife,s company used to provide the pitchside advertising for the Pro 14 on SKY as soon as it moved to Premier Sport the interest from clients dropped to almost zero which was a shame as the 2 Italian matches were a weekend of foodie bliss:) which we all miss especially the logistics boys.

Premier Sport is a tough old sale however I wish the clubs and them well and hope it works out.

Paul

12 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Or anybody else!

Good point though, has there been clarification on how many times a club is guaranteed to be on TV?

In the Q&A with Martyn Sadler it’s stated there is a limit to how many times you get selected. I don’t think that number was shared though 

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

In the Q&A with Martyn Sadler it’s stated there is a limit to how many times you get selected. I don’t think that number was shared though 

Home games , not away , so which teams are more suited to traveling 3/4 hours each way to a game on Monday night ?

The full time ones 

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I suppose from a slightly different perspective I meant was there a minimum?

Wasn't it something like at least 3 times On TV minimum or something in Super League, pre covid.

Just now, Tommygilf said:

I suppose from a slightly different perspective I meant was there a minimum?

Wasn't it something like at least 3 times On TV minimum or something in Super League, pre covid.

Dunno. When the fixtures come out I guess we’ll have some indication 

Leigh are busy hiring out the LSV every Monday night apparently 😜

15 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I still think that the Championship clubs would have been better of sticking with Our League and SKY for end of season games + the Big Bash which needs to be moved to York.

My wife,s company used to provide the pitchside advertising for the Pro 14 on SKY as soon as it moved to Premier Sport the interest from clients dropped to almost zero which was a shame as the 2 Italian matches were a weekend of foodie bliss:) which we all miss especially the logistics boys.

Premier Sport is a tough old sale however I wish the clubs and them well and hope it works out.

Paul

By the way I have a mate who does the pitchside ads for UEFA. Deeply envious.

I digress. It is not the case that Pro 14/16 supporters in Wales lament that Premier took over from the beeb as first it is ######, but mainly as it was felt it disappeared down a black hole?

I see that some games this season have returned to the BBC as well as on S4C.

Unless Premier can demonstrates a profit for clubs, I reckon it will quickly be dropped. 

33 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Or anybody else!

Good point though, has there been clarification on how many times a club is guaranteed to be on TV?

It wouldn't surprise me if Leigh or Fev do get close to a third 

Archived