Premier Sports TV Deal

Just now, GUBRATS said:

But no mention of away games , who will they send to London , and Newcastle ?

Yes, that could be a challenge for. Some fans, but if we are talking financial impact we are referring to the hosts. 

Hopefully there will be some pragmatism and an aim for Variety. For example if you are going to show Newcastle on a Monday you choose either the most local geographically or a team where the away following would be tiny anyway, therefore impacting a small number of people. 

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GUBRATS said:

Saying they want vibrant well attended games on a Monday night isn't going to happen IMO 

I don't think it will be as bad as people make out tbh, providing the match selections are reasonable. 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yes, that could be a challenge for. Some fans, but if we are talking financial impact we are referring to the hosts. 

Hopefully there will be some pragmatism and an aim for Variety. For example if you are going to show Newcastle on a Monday you choose either the most local geographically or a team where the away following would be tiny anyway, therefore impacting a small number of people. 

So Newcastle v York ? , Probably be Leigh or Widnes , or even a part time London 🙄

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I don't think it will be as bad as people make out tbh, providing the match selections are reasonable. 

You know my opinions on what I believe the Championship clubs need to focus on , fans through the door , both home and away to create the atmosphere , to make the games and competition feel vibrant 

Monday nights with reduced fans from both will make the games lacklustre IMO 

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You know my opinions on what I believe the Championship clubs need to focus on , fans through the door , both home and away to create the atmosphere , to make the games and competition feel vibrant 

Monday nights with reduced fans from both will make the games lacklustre IMO 

I don't disagree with the first para, have made similar points unless you are getting paid plenty, but I dont see the crowds dropping off a cliff. 

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Good point though, has there been clarification on how many times a club is guaranteed to be on TV?

According to this piece...

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/championship-tv-deal-premier-sports-21839529?utm_source=leeds_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=rugby_league_lve_newsletter&utm_medium=email&pure360.trackingid={~TrackingId~}&fbclid=IwAR07lzzdseQwlOQ-GveGJ-1M8CloaoZlsstztQgC-BfxhtrzfhVG-IadHOI

The maximum cap of games per team is four.

Most teams will have fewer - 26 weekly rounds divided by 14 teams suggests most teams will have two, with a few 'top teams' getting three and a similar number having one.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not just away Gubby, Monday nights are a no no for me. OBE thing I was looking forward to was regular Sunday Championship Fixtures.

Fair enough , for me it doesn't really matter , but it will stifle away support at the LSV , which is a part of the enjoyment of the event 

1 hour ago, Archie Gordon said:

26 rounds = 52 teams.

You are correct 😄 

I think I had in mind home games, as a lot of the discussion was around the number of home games on the Season Ticket that would be affected.

Speaking personally, I'd be more than delighted if our (Bulls) away game at Workington (or Haven or Barrow) gets chosen for the Monday night match. Less so for a home game against Featherstone or Leigh 😉 

10 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Visually, the budget will also be used to enhance the matchday experience. Flame cannons and fireworks are among the features that should be expected at games in an attempt to improve the product to audiences.

🙄

So a normal Monday night in Bradford then?

Just now, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'm hoping the home team are allowed to use the flame canons on any opposition winger flying down the touchline, that should improve the matchday experience......

I bet Shaun Ainscough wished they had that time!

19 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Visually, the budget will also be used to enhance the matchday experience. Flame cannons and fireworks are among the features that should be expected at games in an attempt to improve the product to audiences.

🙄

Might get people turning up thinking the drugs have arrived.

10 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Still appears to be a deal for the sake of having a deal, to say we've got a deal.

Indeed , will it financially benefit the clubs ? , Not really 

Will it enhance and improve the visibility of the competition ? , Not really 

Will it result in a huge detrimental affect on attendances overall ? , Not really 

Will it inconvenience loyal fans who currently attend most home and away games ? , Not really  , unless your club ends up playing 5 times away on a Monday night at clubs too far away to realistically attend 🙄

So essentially " we've got a deal " , said in a squeaky ' love island ' type voice 🙁

Archived