Sun 10 Oct: Women's SLGF: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 3pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/21 at 14:30

1 minute ago, RigbyLuger said:

Daft, isn't it?

It's daft and it's annoying. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clinical attack from Saints.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

5 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Any news on how the girl is who got carried off is. 

They just said, medics assessing and family is with her. That does not sound great. 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Dunbar said:

It's daft and it's annoying. 

Also damaging. It makes it hard to find our WSL anywhere on the Internet.

In general, RL already suffers from the invisibility that comes from the conflation with RU.

The RFL need to do something. Have to be honest, I don`t know what. - WRLSL, doesn`t exactly trip off the tongue.

Just now, unapologetic pedant said:

Also damaging. It makes it hard to find our WSL anywhere on the Internet.

In general, RL already suffers from the invisibility that comes from the conflation with RU.

The RFL need to do something. Have to be honest, I don`t know what. - WRLSL, doesn`t exactly trip off the tongue.

The best hope is that Women's Football realise what an opportunity they are missing by not calling themselves the WPL, and rebrand.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

No it doesn’t hopefully they are just being extra cautious. 

At least they didn't say 'rushed to hospital'

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The best hope is that Women's Football realise what an opportunity they are missing by not calling themselves the WPL, and rebrand.

Agreed. I can't help but feel it worse for them as they are missing an opportunity to use the weight of the Premier League brand to showcase the women's game.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Two finals down, one to go.

St Helens have been the form side in the women's game, and any other result would have been a surprise.

Se you on the Toulouse/Featherstone thread!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

51 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Why on earth did the football call their league the Women's Super League and not the Women's Premier League!

There already was a top tier Premier League and the Super League was created to sit above it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I watched both games at Headingley today, the Fev-Giants game was an absolute belter, end to end and fantastic effort from both sides, Giants again showed tremendous tenacity to hold on for the win, what an achievement to think most of them were originally signed up to play for the U19s.

The Leeds- Saints game wasn't a classic by any means but some good skill on show and Saints were dominant and never really looked like losing, Jodie Cunningham, Chantelle Crowl, Emily Rudge and Amy Hardcastle were superb for Saints and Hill, Beevers and Nuttall good for Leeds.

I took a friend from Kent who is staying at mine for the weekend and she's never seen RL before but absolutely loved it, she's already decided she's bringing her family up for the world cup next year 😌

Fantastic day, great crowd, wonderful atmosphere great rugby league.

19 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Any news on how the girl is who got carried off is. 

According to the Leeds Twitter page, Sophie Nuttall "has sprained ligaments in her neck and spent the night in hospital".

I have no medical expertise, so don`t know how to interpret that, but coach Lois Forsell is also quoted as saying "glad it`s nothing too serious".

Archived