Discount Codes

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bod said:

After most fans have already bought them. Well done RFL treating real fans like dirt again.

If you are happy to pay £30 quid for a ticket, I don't see why it would upset you that an offer like this may fill some seats that would otherwise be empty. 

It is around 48hrs to the match, I'd hope they would try and sell every seat they can.

The attraction of buying early is getting the seat you want - the risk of buying late is an offer may not come (if it was Saints v Hull KR there'd be none) and you may end up with seats in the Gods, if at all.

10 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I could understand this for Man Utd season ticket holders but not for everyone! 

Still if it gets it more full who cares. Also the cost of our tickets is about 15% of the hotel and transport for the weekend so I'm happy to give RL a bit! 

What sense does it make to offer the deal to Man U season ticket holders but not everyone? There are plenty of seats still to sell, that if go unsold will bring in £0, the offer is for anyone who wouldn’t of gone to the game without the offer, ie those without tickets for a Final in 48 hours time. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

What sense does it make to offer the deal to Man U season ticket holders but not everyone? There are plenty of seats still to sell, that if go unsold will bring in £0, the offer is for anyone who wouldn’t of gone to the game without the offer, ie those without tickets for a Final in 48 hours time. 

The sense would be that it will be something of a boost to numbers but won't pis s off fans who have already bought tickets (assuming the vast majority of RL fans who would be going anyway are not MU season ticket holders) 

E.g. There may well be fans who have bought tickets who next year will wait until the last minute for a discount. Therefore next year and longer term the RFL may lose rather than gain

Like I say for me I don't give a ****. I'm happy to give full whack to RL

I am considerably less happy paying £45 in total to bring 3 kids under 8 to watch London Broncos...... A price I fear will continue or be worse at Plough Lane 

51 minutes ago, Bod said:

After most fans have already bought them. Well done RFL treating real fans like dirt again.

Unless I have missed something here then this a Man Utd promotion and not an RFL one.

Utd will be doing so that they get more bums on seats and more money spent in their museum, club shop and the outlets in the stand, which I am pretty certain would surpass the cost of the reduction in cost of the tickets.

As I say, correct me if I am wrong about it being a Utd promo.

I have emailed the rfl got told this deal started in the Everton programme last Saturday! so it has been on for 7 days before the game. They won't give me a refund or allow me to receive a partial refund. Ripping there own fans off

When you buy something, you choose to buy it at the rate stated by the people you buy it from; the market value.

You wouldn't buy a house and then go back later and ask for a refund because the one next door sold for cheaper at a later date?

If a 20% discount is important to you, wait longer next year, but with the prospect of not getting the ticket you want. Think of it as an insurance policy if you go in at full price.

45 minutes ago, Col81 said:

I have emailed the rfl got told this deal started in the Everton programme last Saturday! so it has been on for 7 days before the game. They won't give me a refund or allow me to receive a partial refund. Ripping there own fans off

You have not been ripped off, you’ve paid the price you agreed to pay at the time you purchased, you are free to buy more tickets late in the day the same as everyone else. The price of any product can change at anytime, that doesn’t give people the right who’ve purchased previously to a refund no matter what it is. It’s unbelievable that some RL fans will complain about anything.

29 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

To be fair, it has been an area of complaint among RL fans before now about tickets appearing on Groupon etc shortly before the game, hence people holding off from buying a ticket until the last minute. 

So it's not completely ridiculous to object to this. 

But in life, you take chances. The principle is, if you want to get the cheapest ticket possible, leave it late. We all know the RFL have history on this and if any year was going to be a banker for it, surely this year was.

There are loads of places to look for discounted tickets on twitter etc, if the savings are important enough to you. However, if you want to guarantee a ticket, where you want to sit, buy them when they become available. 

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

You have not been ripped off, you’ve paid the price you agreed to pay at the time you purchased, you are free to buy more tickets late in the day the same as everyone else. The price of any product can change at anytime, that doesn’t give people the right who’ve purchased previously to a refund no matter what it is. It’s unbelievable that some RL fans will complain about anything.

Sorry but you're wrong. For instance, I bought a sandwich from my local butty shop last week, well this week you get a free bag of crisps with that very same sandwich.  I'm fuming, I'll be there tomorrow morning waiting for them to open and by god I will give them what for....

5 hours ago, Col81 said:

Are you for real, are you really that @r$3d about a few quid in the bigger scheme of the things for the game.

Nobody is ripping anybody off, GF tickets are amongst the cheapest major sporting event tickets in this country, as with all products (go to the supermarket near closing time) what's left is up for grabs at reduced prices.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

When you buy something, you choose to buy it at the rate stated by the people you buy it from; the market value.

You wouldn't buy a house and then go back later and ask for a refund because the one next door sold for cheaper at a later date?

If a 20% discount is important to you, wait longer next year, but with the prospect of not getting the ticket you want. Think of it as an insurance policy if you go in at full price.

Or buy a Man Utd season ticket so you get 20% off your GF ticket. 

6 hours ago, Gomersall said:

It's nonsense like this that makes me lose sympathy sections of the Wolfpack following. 

They are being disingenuous here - suggesting that those RL fans who complain about TW giving free tickets are now celebrating discounts for the Grand Final. Those fans complaining about TW doing it, are likely still complaining about these discounts and the fact that Catalans presence in the final has led to this. 

Those who were philosophical about TW needing to build a fanbase using whatever tactics they needed, are also philosophical about SL needing to do whatever it takes to fill the emty seats tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

It's nonsense like this that makes me lose sympathy sections of the Wolfpack following. 

They are being disingenuous here - suggesting that those RL fans who complain about TW giving free tickets are now celebrating discounts for the Grand Final. Those fans complaining about TW doing it, are likely still complaining about these discounts and the fact that Catalans presence in the final has led to this. 

Those who were philosophical about TW needing to build a fanbase using whatever tactics they needed, are also philosophical about SL needing to do whatever it takes to fill the emty seats tomorrow.

Indeed, I was not going as it was a bit out of my way but saving £10 on a ticket at the last minute has nudged a latent RL fan into attending the GF. Isn't that what the intention was here rather than mass givaways? The game has still got £30+ from me it wouldn't have had within 36 hours of the game

Archived