Your best Grand Final memories?

Share your favourite Grand Final memories here and conduct discreet brags about how many you’ve been to haha!

I went to the first one between Wigan and Leeds as a neutral - nowhere near full but you could see the potential.

Since then I saw Saints beat Wigan as underdogs, the win over plucky Hull FC and a couple of sickening back to back defeats by Leeds!

What are your favourite memories or even funny stories?

Been to a few as neutral, but I absolutely loved seeing my own team walk out at Old Trafford. Watched Wire 3 times there (was on holiday for one of the others) and loved the first two despite losing to Leeds and Wigan - they were brilliant games of RL, great skill, atmosphere, controversy etc. The last one I went to I was bored to tears (Price as manager vs Wigan).

Most disappointed with the Cas v Leeds one, but that was because it just wasn't a contest.

Jason Robinson in 98, in fact the whole game. I'd been to Premiership games at OT before that but the atmosphere was completely different that night. Previously it was more like an end of season festival but suddenly it was was deadly serious with the Championship being on the line. This year will be my 22nd GF I think, missed just 2 including 2020 of course.

The Bulls spanking Wigan in 2001 was good.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2002, I was at the NRL Grand Final, Warriors v Sydney Roosters nd Mozzer.  At half time,  the entertainment was billed as Billy Idol, (White Wedding and all that) the stage and lighting were very quickly set-up and Mr Idol enters the ground standing up on the back of a quad bike waving a flag of some sort with all floodflights trained on him.  He jumps off the bike, the crowd applause, the band strikes up, he runs across the stage, he grabs the mic, he shouts the usual to the crowd and suddenly there's a power failure to the band - all sound from them stops.  He runs off stage, gets on the quad and rides out of the stadium in the gloom to the boos of the crowd.

Marvellous!  Catch it on Youtube

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

Russell Watson singing 'Nessun Dorma' before the start of the 99 Final, now thats the way to get the crowd going.

This year's performance of 'Abide with me' and 'God save the Queen' at the Challenge Cup Final was frankly attrocious darlings, hardly a note in tune.

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

Archived