Wigan - Hardaker can talk to other clubs in West Yorks but not Hull FC or Hull KR

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

Lenegan mentioned this in the fans forum some weeks ago. I can certainly understand the club feeling aggrieved but they simply shouldn't have signed him in the first place.

Yeah, I know IL mentioned Wigan were concerned with him wanted to move back but didn’t know the restrictions.  However, very good player that he is, he has a knack of upsetting people.  I doubt that will stop.  

Seems odd this, if he wants to go, I'd let him go tomorrow, if his hearts not in it, whilst I'm not for players walking over a club and contract, I'm also a big believer in picking my fights.

Did he leave his Lancashire accommodation through choice or is there a story there?

Has someone had a word to the wise in Lenagan's ear. If you want to test his real reason for moving limit where he can go.

Sounds to me the sort of thing a wise old player who's done a bit of coaching may point out.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Lenegan mentioned this in the fans forum some weeks ago. I can certainly understand the club feeling aggrieved but they simply shouldn't have signed him in the first place.

I'm not a Wigan fan, but if he'd done what he did straight after signing in the first place, I'd have wanted rid. No respect.

2 hours ago, Padge said:

Has someone had a word to the wise in Lenagan's ear. If you want to test his real reason for moving limit where he can go.

Sounds to me the sort of thing a wise old player who's done a bit of coaching may point out.

That is cute. Tests him out. To be honest would Warrington or St Helens want him?

As for Yorkshire, hasn't yer man burnt all the bridges in Leeds and Castleford.

Signing for Wakefield sadly anticipates the news blurb consisting of "Irate player," "Shocked eyewitness," "Dispute in takeaway," "Angry Castleford supporters," "Fighting continued in nightclub."

So its either Huddersfield under Tory Davy or wild card with Rangi at Rochdale. (Ok not in Yorkshire but near enough).

Saying he can move but not to Hull seems a bit nanny state. There are a lot of pubs there though.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

12 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

That is cute. Tests him out. To be honest would Warrington or St Helens want him?

As for Yorkshire, hasn't yer man burnt all the bridges in Leeds and Castleford.

Signing for Wakefield sadly anticipates the news blurb consisting of "Irate player," "Shocked eyewitness," "Dispute in takeaway," "Angry Castleford supporters," "Fighting continued in nightclub."

So its either Huddersfield under Tory Davy or wild card with Rangi at Rochdale. (Ok not in Yorkshire but near enough).

He'd be welcome at Featherstone.  I keep hearing rumours of him joining us, should we be promoted.

22 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

67 miles - the lad should grow up, i doubt he travels in rush hr traffic either. This shows the small minds of some players, "closer to his family" 67 miles is hardly the other end of the country.

It's a 3 hour round trip to Wigan, or 1.45hrs to Hull. That's a fair saving and it appears a bit petty from Lenegan, but I suspect he is playing to his club's supporters who are rightly peed off with the relaxed attitude to letting players leave.

Then following this up with a threat to hold him to a 1 year extension top seems a bit misguided. 

1 hour ago, northamptoncougar said:

67 miles - the lad should grow up, i doubt he travels in rush hr traffic either. This shows the small minds of some players, "closer to his family" 67 miles is hardly the other end of the country.

I suspect there is more to this but.........M62 is a bad road now mate.  Major upgrades done to it but basically removing the hard shoulder and installing smart motorway controls.  

From memory, this year, Wakey took 3 hours to get to Wigan (could’ve been Wire).

I have no issue with Lenegan doing this, particularly after the support they've given him.

If he was so concerned about travel etc. he could look at moving to somewhere between Manchester and Huddersfield for a year and be equidistant to the club and family. There's ways around it in the short term, if that is the geniune issue for him

38 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Surely if you know this and took on a job you would try and live closer to said job...

He has been living in the NW.  He’s a pro player and imo should be located in the area of the team he’s playing at.  However, he’s done that but now wants to move back.  Obv that would cause an issue and now rung alarm bells at Wigan.

can wigan not arrange for their squad to travel to pontefract every other day to train with zak? at a time that suits him of course depending on if hes been clubbing the night before - is that unreasonable? 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Zak is getting a bit of stick some of it deserved.But from the games i have seen on SKY he has been one of Wigan's better players this season.

I know, being a Hull FC fan and glass houses etc but...surely that's not saying much?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

You have to feel for Zak.  Oh no, wait a minute, you don't.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived