Squad for 2022

Bedford Roughyed

Might as well start this off 😀

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Fullback - 

Wing - Hartley

Centre - 

Utility Back - 

Half back - 

Prop - 

Hooker - 

Second Row - 

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 1

• Like 3

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I like Holcroft and think he'll go really well in League One. He had a few dodgy games early on and in the Championship you get punished severely for your mistakes. I think in League One he'll be able to build his confidence and show what a good ball carrier he is.

• Like 4

Exactly the sort of signing we should be making in our squad re build. Young, talented Oldham lads who will improve throughout the season.

His defence is superb and he regularly bashes people twice his size. He had one outstanding carry against Sheffield where he nearly scored a cracking individual try but we didn't see too much in his limited appearances with the ball. If we can re-sign Jamie Abram we've got two cracking young hookers.

• Like 3

Fullback - 

Wing - Hartley

Centre - Holcroft

Utility Back - 

Half back - 

Prop - 

Hooker - Jinks

Second Row - 

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 3

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

Exactly the sort of signing we should be making in our squad re build. Young, talented Oldham lads who will improve throughout the season.

His defence is superb and he regularly bashes people twice his size. He had one outstanding carry against Sheffield where he nearly scored a cracking individual try but we didn't see too much in his limited appearances with the ball. If we can re-sign Jamie Abram we've got two cracking young hookers.

Sounds good to me. Thanks.

• Like 1

Nelmes re-signs tonight. I know he had a poor year but he's been quality before and did improve a lot under McDermott at the end of the season.

If we can find a good half to guide these young lads around I reckon we'll surprise a few next year.

• Like 4

Dan Abram gone to Swinton , of all the players we have lost to other clubs or retirement can't say I'm to bothered about this one , great goal kicker but very average in both attack and defence for me , ideally would love to see us with an experienced hard working full back in the Richie Hawkyard mould he was amazing in our promotion season 

• Like 4

I thought Dan Abram improved towards the end of the season and put in some good efforts.

He was out in some difficult positions due to poor defending and ball control in front of him. But yes I agree with you 100%~ the likes of Hawkyard is (and was) what we need. Similarly in the halves- a knowledgeable hardened rugby brain who knows the ins and outs when it gets down and dirty, to bring on and sort out the youngsters.

You have to wonder about Swinton-if our last season’s players are the best they can target you have to wonder what they’re aiming for. 

Fullback - 

Wing - Hartley, Brierley

Centre - Holcroft

Utility Back - 

Half back - 

Prop - Nelmes

Hooker - Jinks

Second Row - 

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 5

• Thanks 1