Utility Back - 

Half back - 

Prop - Nelmes

Hooker - Jinks

Second Row - Cameron

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 6

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 16/10/2021 at 09:56, m brooksy said:

Brierley is a interesting one as on the wing he looked really uncomfortable and unsure of himself. The last two games were dead rubbers but he was excellent when moved to full back.

I didn't think Brierley looked uncomfortable at all on the wing, but agree it would be good to see him get an extended run at full-back next year.

3 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Fullback - 

Wing - Hartley, Brierley

Centre - Holcroft

Utility Back - 

Half back - 

Prop - Nelmes

Hooker - Jinks

Second Row - Cameron

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 6

Just an observation , and I'm not trying to pick the team , but I think Brierley may be at full-back, Hartley in the centre and Holcroft on the wing.

• Like 2

Fullback - Brierley

Wing - Holcroft

Centre -  Hartley

Utility Back - 

Half back - Hewitt

Prop - Nelmes

Hooker - Jinks

Second Row - Cameron

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 7

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

🤬 we must have fought off competition from well nobody for that signing🤣 I mean it can't just be me who is fed up of watching him run around in circles so often he disappears up his own backside , his kicking game is a mix of chips in the air right into the full backs hands or those grubbers into touch that are great with 5 min to go when you are winning ,sadly he does it when we behind and his defence is terrible , I fine with us being in league 1 and understand why our better players would leave but as a half back I'd rather see a young amateur half given a go rather than Hewitt 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Oldham 1 said:

🤬 we must have fought off competition from well nobody for that signing🤣 I mean it can't just be me who is fed up of watching him run around in circles so often he disappears up his own backside , his kicking game is a mix of chips in the air right into the full backs hands or those grubbers into touch that are great with 5 min to go when you are winning ,sadly he does it when we behind and his defence is terrible , I fine with us being in league 1 and understand why our better players would leave but as a half back I'd rather see a young amateur half given a go rather than Hewitt 

Poor Chewy.....he's really not that bad! In League 1 his experience will be invaluable 🙂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, herbie said:

I realky hope David takes no notice of some of the thoughtless cruel idiots on this forum.

Good luck lad I hope you have a succesful and enjoyable season.

So you want to call me an idiot then fine but please tell me one thing I said that isn't true of his performances I've watched him since he first came to the club and after he came back from Sheffield I been to every home game and most away games in that time and he hasn't developed at all he's a worse player now than when he first came , so please tell me how I am an idiot  

I’m very much on same side as the doubters, I’ve not seen Chewy have a good game for about 3 seasons, I don’t want to slag him off, but I honestly think there’s a better No7 out there. All I can think is that he must be a really cheap option. But he’s signed and I hope he makes me eat my words. 

• Like 2

The lad plays well when we have an experience stand off otherwise he doesn't back himself.

As the play maker I'm sure he's carrying out the coaches instructions 

I hope he has a decent 2022 if he does we will be thereabouts for promotion 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, tandle said:

last season our half backs loose forward full back were useless, it stood out like a sore thumb.

and with this tonight the 2022 season is going to go the same way.

but were is littler in all this i do not think he will last long.

On last season totally agree , if you look at our promotion team in 15 with Lepori at full back and Palfrey at half back and our promotion team in 19 with Hawkyard at full back and Crook at half back , we had talking players / leaders in key is spots now Crook  and Hawkyard where both nearing the end of there playing careers that season but led the other players and guided them brilliantly and those kind of players roles can't be underestimated , last season we had players who led by example ie Dupree, Reilly , Landgtree and Gregory but we didn't have a talking leader and it's so vital in a game to have a controlling half and full back

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Oldham 1 said:

On last season totally agree , if you look at our promotion team in 15 with Lepori at full back and Palfrey at half back and our promotion team in 19 with Hawkyard at full back and Crook at half back , we had talking players / leaders in key is spots now Crook  and Hawkyard where both nearing the end of there playing careers that season but led the other players and guided them brilliantly and those kind of players roles can't be underestimated , last season we had players who led by example ie Dupree, Reilly , Landgtree and Gregory but we didn't have a talking leader and it's so vital in a game to have a controlling half and full back

Completely agree.  As a minimum we need a gobby half back. I thought Barran showed potential. We could also do with a pack leader. Again someone to organise the big blokes. 

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot