Squad for 2022

Bedford Roughyed

58 minutes ago, tandle said:

i agree mr but to put a weak side out next season with what is going on with funding and not compete could prove fatal.

fact is there is not enough sky money to support 34 clubs. some of weak clubs will have to go thats how serious 2022 is. 

There may not be the money available to assemble a strong squad. As Clifford said in a previous post "it's not life or death". I've grown up around Oldham rugby as my forum name suggests. We maybe one of the clubs that goes pop. At the end of the day we can only hope for the best. It's scary times for us all in a rugby league context.

• Like 2

Fullback - Restall

Wing - Holcroft, Brierley

Centre -  Hartley, Cooke, Wellington

Utility Back - 

Half back - Hewitt, Ridyard

Prop - Nelmes, Coventry, Mills

Hooker - Jinks

Second Row - Cameron, Grierson

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 14

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

13 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Also, I'm excited at the gossip doing the rounds about where we will play. Not my chosen ground, but better than whitebank. 

With the awards evening and fans’ forum at the OEC, I assume the gossip is around a return to BP?

• Haha 2

What's the point of playing at boundary park when there will be on average 500 spectators in attendance if we look at our recent attendance figures.

That's financial suicide. We need to find a ground with a form of terracing that meets minimum standards. Something in the oldham Borough is certainly lacking.

4 hours ago, clifford said:

What's the point of playing at boundary park when there will be on average 500 spectators in attendance if we look at our recent attendance figures.

That's financial suicide. We need to find a ground with a form of terracing that meets minimum standards. Something in the oldham Borough is certainly lacking.

There won't be 500. Promote it it and there'll be far more. However, is it BP? We'll find out soon enough. 

Fullback - Restall

Utility Back - 

Prop - Nelmes, Coventry, Mills

Hooker - Jinks

Second Row - Cameron, Grierson, Muranka

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 15

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Not seen much of Muranka but there's a video on youtube with some of his highlights and he looks like a big wide running back rower.

That Restall is my favourite signing so far along with Ridyard.  He's been absolutely outstanding at amateur standard for a long time and fully deserves a chance at semi pro.

Fullback - Restall

Utility Back - 

Prop - Nelmes, Coventry, Mills, Andrade

Hooker - Jinks

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 16

• Thanks 1

Fullback - Restall

Utility Back - 

Prop - Nelmes, Coventry, Mills, Andrade

Hooker - Jinks, Slater

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 17

We have a full match day squad!

Edited by Bedford Roughyed
  • Thanks 1