Squad for 2022

Bedford Roughyed

These are the players remaining from the 2021 squad that are unsigned or I just don't know their situation:

"James Barran"
"Jamie Abram"
"Lewis Charnock"
"Shaun Pick"
"John Hutchings"
"Ben Heaton"
"Jode Sheriffe"

I actually just queried my Trello board to get that list.

trello-geekery.png.541535b6d71ae715e148c1dbd7760510.png 

Nothing like a bit of rampant geekery!  I love a good API.

• Like 1

Pick has retired I think. Would keep Barran and J Abram but think we would have announced them by now if they were staying. Heaton is a quality player but just can't stay fit anymore unfortunately . Hutchings looked a promising young player 2 years ago but has barely played a game since then so we've no idea how good he is. Hoping Charnock is one of the 6 off to Swinton as they've still got a couple more to announce I think.

Think the initial squad is looking very talented and will improve as the season goes on with Littler's coaching but can't see us matching Swinton or Doncaster at the min with some of the players they've signed. 

• Like 1

Fullback - Restall

Wing - Holcroft, Brierley

Centre -  Hartley, Cooke, Wellington

Utility Back - 

Half back - Hewitt, Ridyard

Prop - Nelmes, Coventry, Mills, Andrade

Hooker - Jinks, Slater, Wright

Second Row - Cameron, Grierson, Muranka

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 18

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, jbg3 said:

I think he said we had 19 signed but wanted about 23.

He knows better than me, but 23 feels a little light?  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, m brooksy said:

Pick has retired I think. Would keep Barran and J Abram but think we would have announced them by now if they were staying. Heaton is a quality player but just can't stay fit anymore unfortunately . Hutchings looked a promising young player 2 years ago but has barely played a game since then so we've no idea how good he is. Hoping Charnock is one of the 6 off to Swinton as they've still got a couple more to announce I think.

Think the initial squad is looking very talented and will improve as the season goes on with Littler's coaching but can't see us matching Swinton or Doncaster at the min with some of the players they've signed. 

We seem to be a long way behind Swinton on recruitment this year but I guess we have to buy into the long term rebuild.
Shame Littler hasn’t signed a long term contract tho 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

These are the players remaining from the 2021 squad that are unsigned or I just don't know their situation:

"James Barran"
"Jamie Abram"
"Lewis Charnock"
"Shaun Pick"
"John Hutchings"
"Ben Heaton"
"Jode Sheriffe"

I actually just queried my Trello board to get that list.

trello-geekery.png.541535b6d71ae715e148c1dbd7760510.png 

Nothing like a bit of rampant geekery!  I love a good API.

Charnock has an offer on the table from the club, I heard abram and barran possibly retiring due to work. Pick has retired

I understand why these players choose to retire. Working full time and then getting to training three times a week for relatively small reward (no criticism of the club meant by the way) is difficult, particularly when lads are not local. Plus if they can’t get to training for day work reasons then they are generally out of consideration for the match. Likewise they probably choose not to return to the community game for the same reason as many coaches apply the same criteria 

3 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

I understand why these players choose to retire. Working full time and then getting to training three times a week for relatively small reward (no criticism of the club meant by the way) is difficult, particularly when lads are not local. Plus if they can’t get to training for day work reasons then they are generally out of consideration for the match. Likewise they probably choose not to return to the community game for the same reason as many coaches apply the same criteria 

Bridge, Owen and Joy have signed for Waterhead for next season. 

On 10/11/2021 at 00:30, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Charnock has an offer on the table from the club, I heard abram and barran possibly retiring due to work. Pick has retired

Barran stepping away from playing for a bit to focus on his new role at Wigan warriors as S&C coach. 

• Like 1

Fullback - Restall

Wing - Holcroft, Brierley

Centre -  Hartley, Cooke, Wellington

Utility Back - 

Half back - Hewitt, Ridyard

Prop - Nelmes, Coventry, Mills, Andrade, Newton

Hooker - Jinks, Slater, Wright

Second Row - Cameron, Grierson, Muranka

Loose Forward 

Squad = 19

• Thanks 1