Squad for 2022

Bedford Roughyed

10 minutes ago, jroyales said:

How many have Swinton taken on? Still would have liked Charnock at loose forward. Just let's hope they play him at stand off!!

Very few of the so called playmakers covered themselves in glory last season. TBH, I'm quite excited about the, more or less, clear out and the start from scratch approach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Very few of the so called playmakers covered themselves in glory last season. TBH, I'm quite excited about the, more or less, clear out and the start from scratch approach.

art thats the most sensible post i have heard in ages.

• Like 2

Fullback - Restall

Wing - Holcroft, Brierley

Centre -  Hartley, Cooke, Wellington

Utility Back - Morgan

Half back - Hewitt, Ridyard

Prop - Nelmes, Coventry, Mills, Andrade, Newton

Hooker - Jinks, Slater, Wright

Second Row - Cameron, Grierson, Muranka

Loose Forward 

Squad = 20

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Fullback - Restall

Utility Back - Morgan

Prop - Nelmes, Coventry, Mills, Andrade, Newton, Spencer

Loose Forward 

Squad = 21

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I'm pretty happy with the 21 we've signed so far especially from where we were 2 months ago when it looked like we would struggle to put a team out for 2022. Back row looks our weakest position at the minute with 2 players who've never played before at this standard and Muranka who looks an experienced steady sort of player. Desperate for a loose forward I think as well unless one of the props plays there. We have a nice balance at prop of experience and talent.

I think Slater will be playing in the halves rather than at hooker as back up for Ridyard and Hewitt so we'll still need another utility half/hooker as well.

The backs looks very exciting to me as Hartley showed great potential last season. Holcroft and Brierley will go very well in League One I think after a tough initiation season in the Championship. Wellington looks very promising as well whilst Restall could be the sneaky signing of the season I reckon.

• Like 2

On 30/10/2021 at 18:19, DavidM said:

I hope he shows you his freakish talent . We saw so little of it he got dropped and we were struggling for numbers 

You saw so little of it as he was never involved in the attack, but always there for defence. The best defender you had in that team mate. And as for being dropped you better ask the board and your coach for an explanation. It seems anyone who speaks up against them gets dropped!!! FACT!

On 28/11/2021 at 09:01, Aribella said:

You saw so little of it as he was never involved in the attack, but always there for defence. The best defender you had in that team mate. And as for being dropped you better ask the board and your coach for an explanation. It seems anyone who speaks up against them gets dropped!!! FACT!

Just remind me which player & club you are talking about here mate ?

Fullback - Restall

Utility Back - Morgan

Prop - Nelmes, Coventry, Mills, Andrade, Newton, Spencer

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 22

• Thanks 1