Utility Back - Morgan

Half back - Hewitt, Ridyard

Prop - Nelmes, Coventry, Mills, Andrade, Newton, Spencer, Thornton

Hooker - Jinks, Slater, Wright

Second Row - Cameron, Grierson, Muranka

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 23

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Think with the last two signings you can see the team start to come together with a 17 looking something like this.

Restall, Brierley, Hartley, Wellington, Holcroft, Ridyard, Hewitt, Nelmes, Wright, Spencer, Thorton,Muranka,Whittel. Subs:Jinks,Coventry, Andrade,Newton.

With Morgan, Cooke, Mills, Slater, Grierson and Cameron fighting for a place. Think we're light either in the halves or hooker depending on where Slater is more comfortable and maybe another back who can cover a few positions but very happy at the minute

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

Think with the last two signings you can see the team start to come together with a 17 looking something like this.

Restall, Brierley, Hartley, Wellington, Holcroft, Ridyard, Hewitt, Nelmes, Wright, Spencer, Thorton,Muranka,Whittel. Subs:Jinks,Coventry, Andrade,Newton.

With Morgan, Cooke, Mills, Slater, Grierson and Cameron fighting for a place. Think we're light either in the halves or hooker depending on where Slater is more comfortable and maybe another back who can cover a few positions but very happy at the minute

Agreed. To be fair, the club have worked immensely hard to build what we have on paper practically from scratch. As yours, my concern is sill the key positions. Another of the calibre and experience  of Ridyard in the halves is essential. One injury or loss of form will really handicap us. I guess Stu Littler will really have to prove his worth now to get this lot to gel. Can’t wait for March.

• Like 3

Fullback - Restall

Wing - Holcroft, Brierley

Centre -  Hartley, Cooke, Wellington

Utility Back - Morgan

Prop - Nelmes, Coventry, Mills, Andrade, Newton, Spencer, Thornton, Pye

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 24

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Can't help but think we are a little light in the backs.  

3 minutes ago, tandle said:

same thing will happen again they will just run through us

Unless a better pack this coming season, gives more 'protection' to our backs and thus more space/time for them to work with, than did the pack last season ?

11 hours ago, ArthurO said:

Unless a better pack this coming season, gives more 'protection' to our backs and thus more space/time for them to work with, than did the pack last season ?

I think the pack is looking strong. Now rereading some of the comments from Swinton fans, they suggest that, last season,  Ridyard was playing behind a beaten pack. I think Stuart littler is remedying that. 

• Like 1

Pye is another cracking signing. Was a massive stand out in academy origin in a couple of seasons ago for Lancashire. That Thornton is more of a back rower than a prop so 7 props and 4 back rowers makes more sense.

I think we definitely need another back who can cover multiple positions but the backs we've got will do very well in League One

• Like 5

On 04/12/2021 at 10:15, m brooksy said:

I think we definitely need another back who can cover multiple positions but the backs we've got will do very well in League One

A couple more backs to provide cover would be nice.  We seem light in numbers there.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2021 at 19:40, Bedford Roughyed said:

Highlights here below.

Sadly been out with covid lockdown then injuries stopped any opportunity last year, so going two years without playing it will take a while to get match fit and up to speed but he loves the club and so do I so fingers crossed a bit of patience and he will do well. 

Edited by David Dockhouse Host
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fullback - Restall

Wing - Holcroft, Brierley, Copland

Centre -  Hartley, Cooke, Wellington

Utility Back - Morgan

Prop - Nelmes, Coventry, Mills, Andrade, Newton, Spencer, Thornton, Pye

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 25

Edited by Bedford Roughyed
  • Thanks 1