Magic Weekend,should we have 2 in a season?

8 hours ago, Davo5 said:

And Paris is well behind just about everywhere when it comes to RL,if you take it to France at least go to somewhere you might actually get a crowd.

Newcastle and Cardiff, both places that the game was taken to to spread the game.

Theres no point playing in the heartlands. 

Just out of interest are any world cup games going to be played in Paris?

Also I would play this round of fixtures instead of Newcastle. 

With Newcastle going full time and having a full pyramid in place its time to move onto a new area.

5 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Newcastle and Cardiff, both places that the game was taken to to spread the game.

Theres no point playing in the heartlands. 

Just out of interest are any world cup games going to be played in Paris?

Also I would play this round of fixtures instead of Newcastle. 

With Newcastle going full time and having a full pyramid in place its time to move onto a new area.

You take Magic to France to boost RL in the country which means playing it near to the game’s strongholds and the 2 Superleague clubs which in turn would have the best chance of attracting a good attendance & generating income,taking it to Paris would do neither.

11 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

You take Magic to France to boost RL in the country which means playing it near to the game’s strongholds and the 2 Superleague clubs which in turn would have the best chance of attracting a good attendance & generating income,taking it to Paris would do neither.

Yes because Newcastle is near our strongholds... or was it to grow the game..

Paris will help with the broarder national image.

It would be like us taking the game to London.

We should take magic to London but for the CC final 

1 minute ago, yipyee said:

Yes because Newcastle is near our strongholds... or was it to grow the game..

Paris will help with the broarder national image.

It would be like us taking the game to London.

We should take magic to London but for the CC final 

Again taking Magic to Paris would result in a near empty stadium that would do nothing to broaden the game’s national identity and would incur a big financial loss for an already skint sport.

20-30k in attendance each day in Toulouse:Montpellier or even Marseille would be more beneficial on both counts surely.

11 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Again taking Magic to Paris would result in a near empty stadium that would do nothing to broaden the game’s national identity and would incur a big financial loss for an already skint sport.

20-30k in attendance each day in Toulouse:Montpellier or even Marseille would be more beneficial on both counts surely.

Magic is for expansion. If all of SL flys to Toulouse, Montpellier to only get 25k in a heartland than I fear for the losses the world cup would endure.

Now that being said I am not sure why you think magic would not appeal in Paris not least to travelling current fans.

The only purpose of magic is expansion to new fans in a showcase of the sport.

2 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Magic is for expansion. If all of SL flys to Toulouse, Montpellier to only get 25k in a heartland than I fear for the losses the world cup would endure.

Now that being said I am not sure why you think magic would not appeal in Paris not least to travelling current fans.

The only purpose of magic is expansion to new fans in a showcase of the sport.

We’ve only average just over 30k per day in this country since Magic started.

Do you really believe Magic’s purpose is expansion 😂 Manchester/Liverpool ?

Taking it to the South of France would not only support the game in France it should also generate much needed cash.

Do you think Parisians will suddenly travel hundreds of miles to watch RL or suddenly feel the need to have a Paris club on the back of one weekend  ?

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

We’ve only average just over 30k per day in this country since Magic started.

Do you really believe Magic’s purpose is expansion 😂 Manchester/Liverpool ?

Taking it to the South of France would not only support the game in France it should also generate much needed cash.

Do you think Parisians will suddenly travel hundreds of miles to watch RL or suddenly feel the need to have a Paris club on the back of one weekend  ?

Magic should be about expansion but lazy marketing just sell cut price tickets to ST holders to break even on the project.

Parisians off the back of 1 weekend... no it would need to be a 5 year plan with development officers in place. 

This is what magic should be about.

Now generating a quick buck now is what you seem to want were as what i mention is a slow build for long term fiscal success.

If we cant get more than 30k in 50 and 60k stadiums then shame on SL 

Archived