Thank you all

4 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Am looking forward immensely to the TO game, and then the England game. Plenty still to enjoy.

Plus the League 1 final, the Women's finals, England knights and Scotland v Jamaica.

7 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

In a season where no one knew what was going to happen with COVID and its restrictions I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone connected with the game for ensuring the season was completed with a cracking Finale.

It's unsavoury posts like this that are ruining this forum 

6 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

It’s not over yet. Cracking U/21s ET GF win for Wynnum-Manly over Townsville just completed.

Q Cup final to follow and then a couple of Championship finals to be contended for first.

Last Sunday.

Me: "It's the last day of the season today, Grand Final. No more till next March".

Mrs Dunbar: "Poor baby".

Yesterday

Me: "It's the last day of the season today, Grand Final. No more till next February".

Mrs Dunbar: "I thought that was last week? Anyway, enjoy the game and the time will pass quickly".

This morning.

Me: "It's the last day of the season today..."

Mrs Dunbar: "Now you're just taking the p#$$".

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

56 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Last Sunday.

Me: "It's the last day of the season today, Grand Final. No more till next March".

Mrs Dunbar: "Poor baby".

Yesterday

Me: "It's the last day of the season today, Grand Final. No more till next February".

Mrs Dunbar: "I thought that was last week? Anyway, enjoy the game and the time will pass quickly".

This morning.

Me: "It's the last day of the season today..."

Mrs Dunbar: "Now you're just taking the p#$$".

Same at my home 😂

4 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

Q Cup final was great. What a try to finish! 

That try perfectly illustrated what`s gone horribly wrong with RL officiating.

On-field ref ruled no try. Gave no specific reason. Went to the video ref with the remark, "there`s a lot of elements there to clear". Idiot commentators loved it.

So, the ref was unsure what had happened, and that was sufficient to rule it out unless everything was painstakingly checked on review. Had it been a lower-grade game without a VR, the call would have been no-try on the grounds - "I don`t know what was wrong, but there had to be something".

This perverse logic is applied right across the game now, particularly in relation to knock-ons and obstructions. Doubt = Paranoia = Call. We`ll be stuck with the insanity until administrators remove the fear and back the refs to play on.

Archived