A View on Catalans from Mr Angry of Featherstone

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Thats the trouble with this site anybody who dares to have a different opinion is chastised and insulted, albeit he could have been a bit more eloquent in his delivery.

How do you defend that?

new rise.jpg

Oooops sorry Harry I forgot to add your quote.

I have not chastised or insulted him.  All I have done is put his comments on this board for others to comment upon.  No different to anyone else over the years putting up a comment that they agree or disagree with. 

There will be people on here who support his views - albeit in a more restrained manner - and others that will disagree.  I deliberately did not post my view as I did not want to be seen to ‘lead’ the discussion.

I hope it stimulates some debate especially in light that if Toulouse win today there will be plenty of RL followers that agree with those comments.

By the way I think Fev will win a tight game.

17 minutes ago, Pulga said:

How do you defend that?

The first paragraph is an observation, his he wrong?

The second paragraph, he's half correct Catalan do not bring many fans to Britain, but there are obvious reasons for that not least being the expense, and if the BBC man he is quoting did say all neutrals will want Catalan to win, again I doubt that would be true, next maybe he does not know anybody who wants Catalan to win but I would doubt that also, but he does finish off with an open question.

Like I said, he could have posed his thoughts much better, than what appears to be a rant.

2 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Where have I chastised or insulted him?  All I have done is put his comments on this board for others to comment upon.  No different to you or anyone else putting up a comment that they agree or disagree with. 

There will be people on here who support his views - albeit in a more restrained manner - and others that will disagree.  I deliberately did not post my view as I did not want to be seen to ‘lead’ the discussion.

I hope it stimulates some debate especially in light that if Toulouse win today there will be plenty of RL followers that agree with the comments.

By the way I think Fev will win a tight game.

You didn't, but the first reply to your post did, and recieved a couple of likes.

There's roots of truth in some of the comments made but he approaches it from such a perspective that creates a misrepresentation of the actual issues at hand. As has been already discussed in many other comments and threads, the real issue is why can't RL sell its flagship events to neutrals.

Snide and unnecessary comments like "some expansion that is" and "Catathugs" give away his biased perspective, he doesn't give a stuff about the attendance of the SL GF he just doesn't like Catalans/French sides.

I will say this is actually quite mild compared to some of the absolute garbage I've seen posted on social media in the wake of Cats/TO's seasons. I'm sure it is in no way an accurate representation of the RL-supporting population as a whole but it's certainly not a tiny minority either.

31 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Thats the trouble with this site anybody who dares to have a different opinion is chastised and insulted, albeit he could have been a bit more eloquent in his delivery.

People are allowed to disagree and challenge his opinions. It is usually done far more politely than he made his point. 

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Like the first post to the OP "He's a moron" ?

When the original post uses words like Catathugs and dismissing other's opinions as sh**e then it feels like the discussion is already in the gutter, so it would be a Hollow complaint. 

That said, I don't think it is necessarily fair that a post elsewhere is brought onto this forum to be answered without that poster being here. 

It wasn't the lowest attended grand final, that was the first one in 1998 so his claim it was the lowest attended is wrong. 

Didn't Catalans take about 5,000 to their last Challenge Cup final? So his claim they never take more than a 1,000 to games including Cup finals is wrong. 

So now thats resolved, anyone fancy a cuppa? ☕

There are people on here who make nasty comments about my town and Club Featherstone. I don't like those comments, but if that is somebody's opinion so be it, but I can disagree. Regarding my own opinion on Catalans and Toulouse, I have no objection to them being in our League and good luck to them. I want to see French Rugby League thrive. I thoroughly understand contributors wanting success in France as well, but my Club along with Leigh really have been slated on this Forum, aren't we allowed to be in SL? Anyway, on to today, hopefully a game refereed without controversy and the best team wins. I do hope it is Featherstone though!!

7 minutes ago, Mark S said:

It’s time for the game to cut the flat cappers lose. The game is held back by miserable idiots like this. 

Come on, all Clubs have so called Supporters like that. You must have heard fans of your Club who make you cringe. I watch LUFC as well, and you always here some loud mouth spouting off at every game.

I always try and base arguments on fact. I can on this however I won't. I'll express an opinion. Whoever thinks Catalans, Toulouse, London, WWR etc shouldn't be in our structure clearly don't care about the game and it's future. Look at the leadership and how they sell the game. There in lies the bigger issue.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

5 minutes ago, Mark S said:

It’s time for the game to cut the flat cappers lose. The game is held back by miserable idiots like this. 

But then there would have been hardly any fans at the final.

It's dangerous to overestimate our appeal and we certainly haven't enough supporters to cut any loose. 

When I read Mr Angry the first thing that popped into my head was the film Toy Story. There is a scene in that where Mr Potato Head takes his normal eyes off and says, "get ready to meet Mr Angry Eyes!!" but instead of replacing his normal eyes with his angry eyes he accidently replaces them with a pair of shoes and runs into a wall, knocking himself out. 

Is that what Mr Angry of Fev has done? Just repeatedly run into a wall? 🤔

Archived