A View on Catalans from Mr Angry of Featherstone

I was Supporting Catalans yesterday, purely as another team winning the GF would be good for the game IMO. Anyone who expected thousands of fans to travel from the south of France is living in a dream world. But to be completely honest Anyone who expects that Featherston would bring thousands of fans if they reached a GF, would also be living in a dream world.

Whoever wins today Will deserve to play SL next year. But lets not kid ourselves, neither Toulouse, Catalans or Fev will be bringing 15,000 fans to a GF anytime soon, even if they managed to get to the final. Dont get me wrong, plenty of other teams currently in SL wouldnt get that number either.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to my first Super League grand final since the first one in 1998 yesterday, purely because Catalans were playing. Very little interest in the other SL teams and I was dearly hoping the French team would win for the boost it would give the game, but I enjoyed the occasion and both sets of fans, along with the neutrals, were a credit. 

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Thats the trouble with this site anybody who dares to have a different opinion is chastised and insulted, albeit he could have been a bit more eloquent in his delivery.

No your right, catathugs is such an incredibly inciteful powerful point, he's obviously a genius that we should all listen to....

7 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Bit odd to say we're not bringing enough fans to the GF when, on 8 days notice, we brought more at Manchester than the English have brought all sides combined this season at Perpignan.

Maybe it's time to stop believing we can pack a big stadium and head back to 40k ones that we would fill up no problem.

This is a really rubbish post. You don't get a free pass because you are a Catalans fan. 

If you are going to complain about away fans at Catalans games then you are as backward as those you argue with. 

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

This is a really rubbish post. You don't get a free pass because you are a Catalans fan. 

If you are going to complain about away fans at Catalans games then you are as backward as those you argue with. 

I'm not. I'm pointing the obvious. You're never going to fill a stadium with away fans.

The club went through a herculean effort to bring the numbers we could yesterday despite all the hurdles.

1 minute ago, Hvy wg said:

I'm not. I'm pointing the obvious. You're never going to fill a stadium with away fans.

The club went through a herculean effort to bring the numbers we could yesterday despite all the hurdles.

That's fine. Discussing away fans in France makes you the same as those criticising the Catalans following. 

Archived