Well Done

Bearman

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dkw said:

Just seen gus was isolating thus weekend with covid so missed it, so the players and coaches took the trophy to his house to celebrate with him, what a bloody fantastic gesture.

I saw someone in the sponsors lounge has him face timed on there phone during the speeches and wondered what that was about. Get well soon Gus.

Didn't see the game, took your advice and spent the afternoon line dancing in Station Rd club. Obviously the reason we won. Get in UTT., 💙💙💙💙💙

WOW, WOW WOW!

Awesome! Thank you Chris and the lads for a very memorable day. Hats off to Chris as he nailed the tactics and the lads were almost faultless.

Emotional to say the least  and thank God for predictive text as I'm sorry but 15 hours on the keg makes it hard to see. Up the town.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Awesome..

Glad I made the effort to get across.

Met some old faces for the first time in years and frequented a few drinking dens form the past.

Left town around 10pm and the bar's were still bouncing and the players enjoying the victory.

Some bad heads this morning I bet.

But it shows a successful club can also generate the feel good factor all over the region.

Everyone connected to the club can rightly hold their heads up high.

Brilliant just Brilliant 👏 👌 👍 😀 

13 hours ago, DavidM said:

Watching the tries on RFL Twitter it was funny when Cus scores and Andrew Henderson is shouting ‘ O’Brien O’Brien ! ‘ and John Helm is shouting ‘ Doran Doran ! ‘ . Henderson btw is always excellent as a commentator

Called Dec Matty henson all first half, and apparently Lee Doran played at 6?????

Brilliant effort all round , kicking game spot on ,some of the individual performances were immense ,but we played as a Team .Was a bit worried at half time as Donny had hardly been in the game , yet were only 6 points down .Second half bar the the first 15 mins , we were playing some good stuff and ran out good winners .Pleased to see Holroyd get his try if that was his last game for us ,but special word for Carl Forber never missed a kick , tackled like a demon , how old are you really Carl? , theres another 5 years left surely .....word for the ref also , amazing how we play better when allowed a quick play the ball .UTT .

Woke up this morning with a hangover and a huge grin on my face. Yesterday was an  incredible occasion for all us loyal Townies, I've never been hugged by so many grown men with a tear in their eye. It was a throwback to the late 70s and early 90s when it seemed the whole Town and surrounding area were supporting the club. So many faces at the game who I haven't seen for a long time and it was great they weren't dissapointed, Town put on a real show for them and hopefully they will be back next season. I want to thank everyone associated with our great club for giving us that special day yesterday. The hardworking BOD, the brilliant volunteers who give up  their time to keep the club going, our superb coach and his staff and the players who pulled on that blue band yesterday and run their blood to water. Take a bow, all of you. 👋💙👋💙👋 I know what the official crowd figure was, but I've been going to DP long enough to have an idea what the attendance is, if there wasn't 3.5k in there then I'm an haven fan. 🤔🙄. UTT

after a long time away from DP it was good to be there yesterday a fanatstic result and great to se faces i havent seen for a long time 

a better game to watch than the GF

to top it all off the kids pitch invasion at the end was fantastic every blue shirt a hero to them, listening to your kids talking about the match coming away with signed boots and balls just made it more special for them took me right back to the PW era 

bet theres a few baggy heads today

49 minutes ago, town4me said:

First rumour. 

Alex Clegg and Evan Simmons reportedly on their way across the A69 in 2022 to link up with fellow Geordie Chris Thorman at Workington Town.

I love rumours in the off-season , especially now after promotion . Keeps the interest going . By Christmas we’ll have a complete squad of 86 players 

I'd heard Moore back to Haven but you never know, Town getting promoted may sway him to stay but seems strange he never played last few games. I'm just hoping all 3 cumbria clubs get competitive sides and shock a few people next year, also hoping that there's no crowd trouble which would take the shine off the cumbria derbies 🤞

Not taking anything away from the team this year because they have played well above the expected and yesterday capped that off 

What is everyone's views on were we need to strengthen for next year. 

My personal view is 2 new wingers (if Brad goes) 

2 new centres 

2 big battering props 

6 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Not taking anything away from the team this year because they have played well above the expected and yesterday capped that off 

2 new centres 

2 big battering props 

Probably another half back. As fit as Forber is he'll do well to play every game. Doran, as good as he is, needs to get fitter to have an impact in the champ. And probably a second row if Moore is leaving

Just watched the match back, and apart from the annoying commentary of making up names it was just as good again. The defence was awesome, we had all their moves covered especially on our goal line. Fitzy was like a machine in both attack and defence, but nobody had a bad game, every single one stood up and left it all out there.

What a day, and now we have won I'm so pleased we did it this way instead of winning the league. The club had a bumper pay day to cover some of what was lost with covid, the bar ran dry on the pop side, and we all have special memories of a fantastic day at DP. All the BOD, staff, volunteers doing the extra covid stuff on top of what they already do, Chris, the coaching team, and the players deserved that day for everything they have done. 

I honestly had no expectation this season with so many young lads from the community game, up against some expensive & experienced teams. But what a season and although we had a wobble with injuries taking its toll and players leaving, it all come good in the end. UTT! 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

23 minutes ago, town2018 said:

2 new centres 

2 big battering props 

Halfback number one I think , some strike in the backs and some size up front to match up . 

Archived