Well Done

Bearman

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, town2018 said:

Not taking anything away from the team this year because they have played well above the expected and yesterday capped that off 

What is everyone's views on were we need to strengthen for next year. 

My personal view is 2 new wingers (if Brad goes) 

2 new centres 

2 big battering props 

Two big props. A half back & 2 centres. 

14 hours ago, town2018 said:

Also one person not been mentioned from yesterdays game is young olstrum he played great for a young inexperienced winger playing in probably the biggest game off his career 

Agreed , pretty tough penalty being eager to play the ball but for a young lad thrust into that he was faultless . Superb effort to get out of the ingoal at a key point when we were under the cosh . I think Bickerdike looks like he could develop into a very handy player , he’s come on leaps and bounds this year and was rock solid on Sunday 

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Agreed , pretty tough penalty being eager to play the ball but for a young lad thrust into that he was faultless . Superb effort to get out of the ingoal at a key point when we were under the cosh . I think Bickerdike looks like he could develop into a very handy player , he’s come on leaps and bounds this year and was rock solid on Sunday 

Ethan reads a game so well and that's half the battle, then all you need is some talent and bottle which he showed with that crunching tackle .

On 10/10/2021 at 20:19, townie88 said:

There are no words to describe the love I have and how proud I was of the players, coaches, fans, board members and town in general today! Literally everyone I seen and spoke to had smiles on their faces.

After a tough couple of seasons I couldn't be happier! Well done to everyone connected to the club. What a feeling!

We've all got to experience the lows to enjoy the highs. Too many lows though lol.

Well I have waited a few day's to catch my breath before posting.What an exciting game that was and a Superb defensive effort as Donny really put us under the Cosh for 20 minutes in that second half with us holding them up over the line 3 times and them also dropping the ball over the line.The look of delight on the players faces at the end of the game showed how much it meant to them as well as us and is nothing less than they deserve considering the circumstances in which they have achieved it.

With the right additions to this squad and the talented locals we have I am sure Chris will ensure we are competitive next season but be in no doubt this is a big step up compared to this season and will not be easy.I hope Joe Brown and Rhys Clarke have enjoyed their time with us enough to sign on again for next season as both have been excellent for us and hope Decod decides to continue his journey with us.

I think 2 wingers and a full back are a must if brads left, couple of centres, 2 props, a half back as I suspect that could be buffers last game. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see jake leave with him not being selected recently. And big rumours Liam mcavoy is back with us. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

On 13/10/2021 at 10:59, wonky said:

And big rumours Liam mcavoy is back with us. 

The Haven boys think they have signed him.

Its gonna be a tough off season for Chris & the BOD getting the quality in so we can finish out of the relegation fight. Barrow will spend big as they are already showing, Haven will have money to spend with finishing in the play offs and losing their best player. We have probably been promoted a year ahead of schedule so it will be good if we can fend others off and add to what we have in place. I'm sure they will get it right though. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Its gonna be a tough off season for Chris & the BOD getting the quality in so we can finish out of the relegation fight. Barrow will spend big as they are already showing, Haven will have money to spend with finishing in the play offs and losing their best player. We have probably been promoted a year ahead of schedule so it will be good if we can fend others off and add to what we have in place. I'm sure they will get it right though. 

Haven won't get much more for being in play offs . The days when there was a huge gap in payments as gone only leigh will get the parachute payment would guess it'll be near on a level playing field for the rest. 

4 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Rumors are Barrow are throwing money around left right and centre at players. 

31 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Barrow have been building up a war chest for a couple of years.

They have been proactive in finding ways of getting in money that is sustainable.

Steve Neale has made no secret that the club would not spend money it doesn't have. Be assured that any money  they have thrown is money they have to spend.

One thing is certain is that the players that got a club promoted are not necessarily the players to save off relegation.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

48 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Doesn’t always work though. With the players they brought in last year they should have walked league 1 but in the end were lucky to do it. Hopefully fighting for the holy grail of a top end of the table finish doesn’t come back to bite clubs. 

2 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Just my opinion but I think Fitzy is a better prospect and I would be doing all I could to keep him.

I agree with you there mate. Fitzy has had an incredible season playing 80 mins most weeks. He’s looked really good the couple of times he’s played second row, really hope we can keep him. 

3 hours ago, donald said:

Haven won't get much more for being in play offs . The days when there was a huge gap in payments as gone only leigh will get the parachute payment would guess it'll be near on a level playing field for the rest. 

Will they not? Shame!  😉 In all seriousness though I'm surprised by that, had a helluva season and thought they'd get the reward. 

If its true Barrow are doubling their wage bill they should get a good team together. But as has been said, they should have walked the league last season. Some at work aren't keen on Cresta so I suppose the pressure will be on.

Can't wait already! 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

51 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Think it's a great signing for Haven, still relatively young, experienced in the Championship, local. Don't know what else you could want.

Size if I'm honest. As someone said we already got as good local players in that mould plus if I remember rightly he was a type of forward who turns his back into the tackle and I think you need more direct running forwards in the championship. Just a personal opinion

Archived