Well done Toulouse! Great for the game.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Toulouse at Ernest-Wallon look an entirely more positive proposition than when they were kicking around at Blagnac and even Minimes.

Here’s hoping the French TV companies are banging down the door tomorrow morning. 

For those watching behind the scenes the tie up with Stade Toulousain is deadly serious. There is a lot of clout with the management there. We will soon find out if they make a few key signings.

So I have started to persuade Mrs D that a week in the South of France is needed next year. 

Overnight ferry to La Rochelle then a drive down the West and South Coast of France to either Perpignan or Toulouse to catch one of the home games then a week bumming around the towns and beaches before the next game and then a nice trip home.

She likes the idea of the town's and beaches, just not 100% on the Rugby yet... I'll get there though.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

For those watching behind the scenes the tie up with Stade Toulousain is deadly serious. There is a lot of clout with the management there. We will soon find out if they make a few key signings.

Yep I was worried about it when it was first announced but they have their own dressing rooms, offices and club shop set up so they're obviously there for the long haul and not just precarious tenants.

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

So I have started to persuade Mrs D that a week in the South of France is needed next year. 

Overnight ferry to La Rochelle then a drive down the West and South Coast of France to either Perpignan or Toulouse to catch one of the home games then a week bumming around the towns and beaches before the next game and then a nice trip home.

She likes the idea of the town's and beaches, just not 100% on the Rugby yet... I'll get there though.

Go and say hi to Marie Claire in La Rochelle. She lived there during my French GCSE days Tricolore 1, 2 and 3.

9780174393368-uk.jpg

The administrators, sponsors and fans of the game should be pushing the fact that there will be a French derby in the top flight of professional RL in Europe for the first time.

You somehow have a feeling that the moment will pass by again.

Hopefully we get Toulouse and Catalans on successive weekends allowing for a whole week in the South of France 🙂

52 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I’ve nicked that itinerary…

I think there will be a lot of neutral RL fans looking at a holiday week combo taking in both club home games.

Would SL have the foresight to double up some big SL clubs with away games at Catalans and then Toulouse the following week (or vice versa)? Fans could then have a pretty amazing week in France watching their club twice.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

I might have to take some time off to get to the first French derby!

Already pencilled it in for the Toulouse game, already impatiently waiting for the fixtures to come out. Tickets for the match at Perpignan will be like hens teeth and the one at Toulouse will be easily the biggest RL crowd in France for many years, so that's the one I plan to be at.

4 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Already pencilled it in for the Toulouse game, already impatiently waiting for the fixtures to come out. Tickets for the match at Perpignan will be like hens teeth and the one at Toulouse will be easily the biggest RL crowd in France for many years, so that's the one I plan to be at.

Don't ask the Taxi driver about the game though. He won't have a clue they exist.

Absolutely stoked Toulouse won … now if only the moronic RFL didn't have their idiotic plans to change the SL structure AGAIN

Catalans and Toulouse should be permanently except from relegation … it's the only way to grow RL in France and make it the power it once was.

Anyone know what the crowd was for today's game?

Archived