England Knights v Jamaica

UTK

Nice looking squad that, a number of players there with the potential to go all the way and become top England internationals.

Shame the authorities have decided to play both this game and the Scotland v Jamaica one on Friday nights though as I'd have definitely gone to at least one and likely both on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon or evening. Hopefully they will be televised somewhere.

38 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Surprised Harry Newman isn’t in the Knights squad, unless he’s playing for the England side against France 

I would think he's a decent chance of taking a centre spot in the first team. There's some footage posted across the England RL social media of a joint training session between the Knights/Seniors squad but it appears there were no players from the final 4 teams involved. Other centre options in the video were King, Gildart, Hardaker and Lyne so I assume they're still working off the same wider squad named earlier this year.

I don't believe Jamaica have named their squad yet.

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

I know we're just off the back of a busy weekend, but if this is a Jamaica home game, they don't seem to have done much promotion for it.

It's being played in England - so presumably this is an England Knights home game. 

I don't think there is much intent to promote it - otherwise it would be at Headingly on a Saturday afternoon and not Featherstone on a Friday night.

Looks like this is being treated purely as a training game for both sides to help RLWC2021 preparations, bit of a missed promotional opportunity sadly.

Really looking forward to watching a few of these young lads play together. I've seen all of the Wigan lads games this year and Pearce-Paul could be a very special player in time. We seem to be able to produce good forwards as a country without too much fuss though, so it's Will Pryce, Lewis Dodd and Mikey Lewis I'll be paying particular attention to. It's lads like these we really need to see get better and better. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Who would be in their full strength side that would beat the team above? 

Dom Young, Micheal Laurence, Jordan Turner, Ashton Golding, Loyld White, Ben Jones Bishop, Mason Caton Brown, Luis Johnson, Ross Peltier, James Woodburn Hall are 10 experienced players, most with plenty of Super League experience, if not top performers in the Championship. They won’t be easy beats for such a youthful side.

15 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Dom Young, Micheal Laurence, Jordan Turner, Ashton Golding, Loyld White, Ben Jones Bishop, Mason Caton Brown, Luis Johnson, Ross Peltier, James Woodburn Hall are 10 experienced players, most with plenty of Super League experience, if not top performers in the Championship. They won’t be easy beats for such a youthful side.

I still don’t think they, with seven league one players making up the squad, would trouble england knights. Maybe in a few years though, especially if things get off the ground domestically. 

Jamaica have now named their 21-man squad.

Jamaica: Greg Johnson (Batley), Jordan Turner (Castleford), Jon Magrin, Keenen Tomlinson, (Dewsbury), Danny Bravo, Ross Peltier, (Doncaster), James Woodburn-Hall (Halifax) Ashton Golding, Michael Lawrence (Huddersfield), Aaron Jones-Bishop, Jordan Andrade, Jy-mel Coleman (Hunslet), Mo Agoro, (Keighley), Jacob Ogden (London Broncos) Abevia McDonald (London Skolars), Izaac Farrell, Joel Farrell (Sheffield), Joe Brown (Workington), Ben Jones-Bishop (York), Christopher Ball, Kadeem Williams (Unattached)

1 hour ago, Ray Cashmere said:

I presume this is being shown on OURLeague?

Only 3 days away and nothing announced so its likely a no. Realise this is a testimonial as well, but I can't get there and would happily pay for it on Our League, sadly it looks like that's not an option.

A squad that is (rightly, btw) being used to promote the future of the national team and yet the only opportunity to watch it is if you happen to be in the area on Friday night.

Not everything has to be free but I'd wager there's plenty of people like me who would pay to watch yet can't make it to Castleford on a Friday night. Shame.

I agree with the above, would love to be able to watch this game but getting to Cas on a Friday night in time to see it isn't going to happen.

I must admit looking at the Knights team it's hard to work out selection criteria or what the Knights are supposed to be. The concept is good but a little inconsistent. It's not a second string England side, nor does it contain all the best young players outside the England squad. It's an unusual mix of both and then some slightly left field selections. 

4 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Only 3 days away and nothing announced so its likely a no. Realise this is a testimonial as well, but I can't get there and would happily pay for it on Our League, sadly it looks like that's not an option.

Especially when, with no disrespect to the amateur finals at the weekend, they are being streamed and this should be more important.

On 11/10/2021 at 09:02, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I can see Jamaica beating that side if they’re at full strength, have they named a squad? 

I'm not so sure. The Knights team is inexperienced in terms of games but as a team they're very talented and many if them have been playing at a higher level this year than most of the Jamaica boys. 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Archived