Toulouse New Signings

32 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

I haven't seen the official announcement yet from Hudds but several months ago Saints let it be known he was leaving for Hudds, supposedly on double the offer on the table from Saints at that time. The Hudds offer was in the region of £200K a year.

That's why I think he will stay in England there is no way either the Dragons or Toulouse will pay him that,it would also create major problems with other French players

Paul

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Based on the performances i've seen in the play-off's I actually think they need at least 9-10 SL standard players if they're going to survive. The promoted team usually picks up as a starter the best performing players from the team just relegated, which in Leigh's case this year were the likes of Hood & Bell, both of which have already signed with other SL clubs. So it begs the question, where will TO pick up these players from ?

Whats 2 players between friends , I meant extra to what they've already got , any sort of injury crisis like the one we saw at Leigh this year and they just won't have the numbers 

2 minutes ago, JonM said:

Club president talking about a 6 million Euro budget for next season (vs 3.6 million this year), which suggests they'll be spending full salary cap.

With that budget they 'd be spending Wakefield, Salford, Castleford, Huddersfield and Hull KR's combined salaries.

32 minutes ago, JonM said:

Club president talking about a 6 million Euro budget for next season (vs 3.6 million this year), which suggests they'll be spending full salary cap.

That sounds remarkably high; even inclusive of commercial, marketing and logistics budgets given the salary cap is a little under 2.5 million euro. 

Would be v interested to see how the breakdown of that.

13 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

That sounds remarkably high; even inclusive of commercial, marketing and logistics budgets given the salary cap is a little under 2.5 million euro. 

I am certain it will be that high in France that's fairly low for a club in a full time rugby comp.

I expect it will double in 3 years easily as there are plenty of people business wise in the wings waiting to throw some money in.

Paul

10 hours ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Its not that high, the bigger clubs in SL have turnover in excess of £7M in normal years (pre-covid) so it sounds like TO will be spending what the medium sized SL clubs are now.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

11 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Got a link for that? 

I could take a photo of the newspaper 🙂 There was an interview with M. Sarrazain in the Depeche du midi. You can Google but it'll be behind their paywall I would think.

11 hours ago, Scubby said:

With that budget they 'd be spending Wakefield, Salford, Castleford, Huddersfield and Hull KR's combined salaries.

Thats budget, not total player salary spend. Lower than say Leeds or Catalans for sure.

On 11/10/2021 at 09:09, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Toulouse have a great squad for the Championship and went unbeaten for over 2 years, most of their squad are Super League Ready, but they’ll still need to make several signings and strengthen to be a force in Super League.

Are there any rumours on who they’re looking to sign? It’s always tough for the promoted side as most players already have contracts for next season so it’s slim pickings. 

Who cares, unless you support Toulouse. Are Toulouse fans bothered who (for example) Salford, Wakefield, or Hull KR sign. A typical thread started by an expansion lovers who pretend to care more about the game than his own club.

1 minute ago, Gav Wilson said:

I think a Rugby League internet forum in the off season is probably not the best place for you.

Bless, you've got 2 likes already from your fellow 'expansion lovers' You lot really do stick together don't you, brings a tear to my eye. 😜

Archived