Toulouse New Signings

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Charlie said:

After watching the game on Saturday, I reckon Paul seguier would be a good pick up for Toulouse. Especially with Catalans being stacked with second rowers

Yes, will be interesting if there is a loan arrangement with some of those Catalans squad players - at least for a season.

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

I hope they have got Justin Sangaré tied up to a big contract because this guy could be anything he wants to be if he puts his mind to it. So much potential!

Ye he looks real impressive. I’d like to see them add Hugo Salabio aswell them 2 of the bench could have a real impact.

What’s happened to Gavin Marguerite? Thought he had plenty of potential a few years back, but doesn’t seemed to have kicked on. 
I wonder if Toulouse will take another look at him.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

On 11/10/2021 at 13:33, Scubby said:

I would think Theo Fages is an obvious choice as he is leaving St Helens.

If they were bold enough I would put in a cheeky bid for Tom Johnstone. Wakefield are in a pretty bad state with the cuts in funding and a bid of £100k (and a high paid player off the books) may be tempting for Trinity - timing is everything.

They also need a front rower to replace Casty. I think that Emre Gular at Canberra would be a great signing. He seems to be on the outer at the Raiders but is a big unit. Always rated him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of Catalans younger players on season long loans.

Unfortunatelly for Toulouse, Theo has selected Hudd's.

1 hour ago, EastLondonMike said:

What’s happened to Gavin Marguerite? Thought he had plenty of potential a few years back, but doesn’t seemed to have kicked on. 

If I'm remembering correctly I believe he was one of the players that had signed on at Ottawa which didn't eventuate so he ended up at Villeneuve in the elite comp. 

Agree that he looked like he could go further, was probably the best French player during the 2019 tour in Australia. He was named in the wider WC squad earlier in the year so he must still be going alright in elite one. 

On 13/10/2021 at 20:36, kiggy said:

https://www.facebook.com/ToulouseOlympiqueXIII/videos/6777889805584580/

Harrison has decided to stay for one more year. At 36 that is very brave

Quality player. Pure workhorse.

Seriously getting on a bit now, but in his day.... The sort of unsung middle unit player that every team needed.

I am hearing he is battered with injuries though, so am not sure it is the most sensible signing. Fingers crossed he can keep going.

21 hours ago, Scubby said:

I hope they have got Justin Sangaré tied up to a big contract because this guy could be anything he wants to be if he puts his mind to it. So much potential!

They have offered him peanuts Scubby which I don’t know what more they expect from him? He will only get better in my opinion.

3 hours ago, dealwithit said:

Sangare could be anything with the right coaching and perhaps one or two seasoned players to learn from. 

If he stays at TO then he will be coached by Remi. But it is a big "if" at the moment. 

5 hours ago, dealwithit said:

Sangare could be anything with the right coaching and perhaps one or two seasoned players to learn from. 

He is playing with a lot of experienced pro’s.  Peyroux, Pellisier, Garbutt, Ford, Kheirellah as well as Casty if he has another go.  

If he gets a bit more stamina he’ll be a French international regular.

Isnt Houles a good enough coach?  Genuine question as I’ve never been to see him coach the team.

Matthieu Jussaume re-signs for an extra 3 seasons. 

Really felt for the poor kid on the weekend but the club backing his talent with a long extension will no doubt help his confidence. Hopefully that game was just a blip and he can sort his defence out for SL because he looks to have more attacking talent than Laguerre IMO.

18 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

He is playing with a lot of experienced pro’s.  Peyroux, Pellisier, Garbutt, Ford, Kheirellah as well as Casty if he has another go.  

Isnt Houles a good enough coach?  Genuine question as I’ve never been to see him coach the team.

From what I've read and seen he's a good coach who has a different philosophy than alot of other coaches, he's not the copy and paste type of coach. 

19 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Yeah I think he has the right coach in Houles and throw in Robinson at rep level. 
Would love to see a Steve Price, Petero Civ, Jamie Peacock, James Graham type join Toulouse (whoever that is in 2022 - JWH perhaps) and help some of these raw forwards pick up some subtleties to both their game and their preparation. 

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

From what I've read and seen he's a good coach who has a different philosophy than alot of other coaches, he's not the copy and paste type of coach. 

Maybe being a sheep farmer up in the Tarn too helps him. He was a  very young winger 16yrs playing at XIII Catalans then over to Huddersfield. There's something different about him though for sure.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 27/10/2021 at 11:52, audois said:

Maybe being a sheep farmer up in the Tarn too helps him. He was a  very young winger 16yrs playing at XIII Catalans then over to Huddersfield. There's something different about him though for sure.

I wonder if, like me, he has a Catalan sheepdog!

On 25/10/2021 at 23:50, EastLondonMike said:

Great physical presence but didn't have a good attitude

On 26/10/2021 at 15:35, kiggy said:

If he stays at TO then he will be coached by Remi. But it is a big "if" at the moment. 

Sigh of relief as he signed for TO

2 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Only a one year contract though 

Which is what Leeds were offering I believe. So TO get a year to see if he can cope with Super League and he won't be a bench warmer for a UK team. 

38 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Which is what Leeds were offering I believe. So TO get a year to see if he can cope with Super League and he won't be a bench warmer for a UK team. 

I have no doubts that he will cope with SL. He played well in the recent France v England game and proved to be a handful for some of Super League's best players 

11 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Looks like Gadwin Springer has signed for TO.  I had high hopes for him at Catalans but just doesnt seem to have hit the heights.  Maybe he will do the business back in France, either way, good signing if the club can get some confidence back into him.

Maybe the emergence of some genuine forward prospects for France might inspire him to knuckle down and fulfil his potential. Here's hoping.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived