Toulouse New Signings

2 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Not sure what sort of signings you're expecting in less than 3 weeks 

People are critical of them for not having enough French players,they sign French players now people are critical of their lack of big signings 3 weeks after the end of the season.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

People are critical of them for not having enough French players,they sign French players now people are critical of their lack of big signings 3 weeks after the end of the season.

Well to be honest, simply retaining or signing French players isn’t going to trouble SL.

Ask Catalans.

Hugo Pezet centre 21 yrs first professional contract moving up from TO Elite 1 now signed up

https://www.to13.com/a-la-une/premier-contrat-pro-pour-hugo-pezet/

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

3 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

An underated benefit of Elite 1 is it is basically a farm system for Toulouse and Catalans whilst young players are being hardened in battle with men every week.  

Yet not SL blooded. Elite 1 is yarns away from championship.

1 minute ago, Tabby said:

Yet not SL blooded. Elite 1 is yarns away from championship.

Closer now than you think tabs I would say between 5th to 8th place the top 5 clubs and its getting closer.

Most of the clubs are actually at the moment in a good financial position with government monies due to covid THAT IS NON REPAYABLE:))

Paul

Chris Hankinson is apparently on his way to Toulouse. I’ve got to say I thought Toulouse would be bringing in more quality players, although I understand it’s a tough ask to sign players with little options out there once the Championship Grand Final is complete. Unless they have a couple more signings up their sleeve I think their current squad is going to struggle in Super League.

39 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Chris Hankinson is apparently on his way to Toulouse. I’ve got to say I thought Toulouse would be bringing in more quality players, although I understand it’s a tough ask to sign players with little options out there once the Championship Grand Final is complete. Unless they have a couple more signings up their sleeve I think their current squad is going to struggle in Super League.

Looks like he's a replacement for Bastien Ader and an additional goalkicking option. Also looks to be a squad filler and not someone that will add to the overall quality of the team 

3 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Looks like he's a replacement for Bastien Ader and an additional goalkicking option. Also looks to be a squad filler and not someone that will add to the overall quality of the team 

Good signing imo.  Hankinson has been on the wrong end of the ‘loan’ arrangements before so I think he will do ok with a settled club.    TO sole objective is to stay up at all costs so having some depth in the squad, with some decent bench or reserve players is paramount.  Good to see they’re getting on with it.

When was the last time a team with a settled squad over 3-4 years promoted to SL? How did they get on? Their coach has been in place for 10 years and their full back and stand off have been there 5 years plus. 

I'm sure they know what they are doing.

Just now, Scubby said:

When was the last time a team with a settled squad over 3-4 years promoted to SL? How did they get on? Their coach has been in place for 10 years and their full back and stand off have been there 5 years plus. 

I'm sure they know what they are doing.

Ford isn't SL level.

5 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I disagree. You want to take a look at some of the players running around in half back jerseys in SL over the last couple of years.

Ha !

I think best of a bad bunch then.

I wouldn't anyone running too hard at him.

16 hours ago, Leonard said:

Ford isn't SL level.

I don’t think he is but for different reasons to you.

If you can get a video of Jackson Hastings playing for Wigan you will see how the SO role can be played.  Organising, encouraging, committing the line whilst hardly using any energy.  Ford can do all that but teams target him for his defence.  When they do catch him out, its usually early in the game but really, Ford is no different to any SL stand off in that respect.

If Houles is cute about it, which I think he is, he will have a plan, built on that weakness.  

What I think we will see this year in SL is taller players being able to offload more due the the head high shots being further eradicated.  Ford will be even more of a threat, especially near the line.  TO’s task will be getting staying in the game to get close enough to it.

21 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Good signing imo.  Hankinson has been on the wrong end of the ‘loan’ arrangements before so I think he will do ok with a settled club.    TO sole objective is to stay up at all costs so having some depth in the squad, with some decent bench or reserve players is paramount.  Good to see they’re getting on with it.

Dragons first up 2006 P28 W8 .Nine French players from the Elite1 semi-pro comp played in that opener against Wigan

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

Sylvain Houles has confirmed that Toulouse have all but completed their recruitment with 27 out of the 28 squad players signed. 

Lambert Belmas was supposed to be the 28th and final signing but he suffered a long term and potentially career threatening injury playing for Lezignan. 

I'm guessing or hoping that the final player will be a loan signing from Catalan, a prop that's a bit down the pecking order, Hugo Salabio has already played for Toulouse on loan and I think he is a good fit 

Archived