Toulouse New Signings

40 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Fact is Toulouse are a Super League club, they earned the right to that on the field, Leigh are a Championship club, a right they also earned on the field.

It wasn't me that brought up the subject , feel free to discus it with Damien 

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Damien said:

This is a Toulouse squad that was unbeaten last year and has consistently finished above Leigh in the Championship in recent years, including the year prior to Leigh going into SL. They are going into SL with a much stronger squad than what Leigh had in their last year of the Championship. Yes Leigh may have made signings but they didn't add any real quality and had players like Ben Flower watching from the sidelines.

I also think that a mistake teams often make is ditching all the players that got them into SL in the first place and signing a load of players from the relegated club. They shatter the team spirit and cohesion that made them successful. Often the clubs that do best are the ones that retain a strong core of their existing squad, as London did when they won 10 games.

🙄

50 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Nobody gave London a chance in 2019, granted they did finish bottom and were relegated but only on points difference. They were completely written off as no hopers before the season started, looking back at the league table it was incredibly close.

9 Wakefield 22 points

10 Huddersfield 22 points 

11 Hul kr 20 points 

12 London 20 points 

IIRC they lost at Wakefield on the last weekend after being Catalans (a) and Hull KR (a) in the last few games. Now that is close

51 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Nobody gave London a chance in 2019, granted they did finish bottom and were relegated but only on points difference. They were completely written off as no hopers before the season started, looking back at the league table it was incredibly close.

9 Wakefield 22 points

10 Huddersfield 22 points 

11 Hul kr 20 points 

12 London 20 points 

I must admit I was following my team Wakey on that very last game. Although I wanted Wakey to win , I was extremely sad to see London relegated.  Any other season 20pts would have kept them up and was an extremely creditable tally. But no, they had to be relegated in order to keep the superleague dream alive for certain clubs. 

We all know who those clubs are, some have had a go but always fail. Others  moan , but never get there after multiple opportunities. WTF do we stop listening to these wannabes and stick with London who offer far more than they can ever contribute. Tin hat on 😃😃😃😉

3 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I must admit I was following my team Wakey on that very last game. Although I wanted Wakey to win , I was extremely sad to see London relegated.  Any other season 20pts would have kept them up and was an extremely creditable tally. But no, they had to be relegated in order to keep the superleague dream alive for certain clubs. 

We all know who those clubs are, some have had a go but always fail. Others  moan , but never get there after multiple opportunities. WTF do we stop listening to these wannabes and stick with London who offer far more than they can ever contribute. Tin hat on 😃😃😃😉

Wakefield were safe on PD then I assume?

1 hour ago, Damien said:

It wasn't me that brought it up either.

You brought up the 2018/9 seasons , the 2020 season didn't happen 

As I said , yes Toulouse finished 5 points better than us over 40 odd games , so you were correct 

People can dress it up as they want but it’s a damp squib of a recruitment campaign. TO have a decent French core, the disappointment is adding ###### like Cunningham, Russell and Hankinson.  They desperately needed a couple of statement signings and have instead signed championship level players. That spine may have played together a fair bit but it’s old AF. Ford and Kherallah were SL quality 5 years ago, now no.

They may stay up based on home form but I don’t see a weak squad anywhere else in SL. Be a real shame if they limped out of SL without even trying.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

8 hours ago, Tabby said:

As in what way? Toulouse will be the whipping boys. Unlike Leigh.

You do know Leigh won only 2 games and finished the season in the league on 4 points. I don’t know if that is a record low, but I can’t recall another side that was so poor and won so few games. I predict Toulouse will have more points than that halfway through the season.

12 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Fact is Toulouse are a Super League club, they earned the right to that on the field, Leigh are a Championship club, a right they also earned on the field.

So what's your stance on Catalans right to be in SL given they never earned that right on the field ??

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

58 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

So what's your stance on Catalans right to be in SL given they never earned that right on the field ??

I have been advocating for years to put Toulouse in Super League and give them protection from relegation. I was just pointing out to those people that claimed they needed to earn the right to be there on the field, they did earn the right to be there on the field.

Let's be Frank about this, average players have just slushed around and found their way docking in Toulouse.

The biased expansionists are again cracking one off stating Toulouse, this, Toulouse that and a City the size of Mexico will bring home the corn.

The fact of the matter is that they will have a very average SL side next year, get decent crowds before dwindling into oblivion when adrenaline vanquished and finish rock bottom on a damp squib.

They will win a few on location alone and that's about it folks. It's deja Vu. Wakey look poor again but will do enough at the vital times.

Cest la vie Jean ! Au revoir Toulouse!

12 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Let's be Frank about this, average players have just slushed around and found their way docking in Toulouse.

The biased expansionists are again cracking one off stating Toulouse, this, Toulouse that and a City the size of Mexico will bring home the corn.

The fact of the matter is that they will have a very average SL side next year, get decent crowds before dwindling into oblivion when adrenaline vanquished and finish rock bottom on a damp squib.

They will win a few on location alone and that's about it folks. It's deja Vu. Wakey look poor again but will do enough at the vital times.

Cest la vie Jean ! Au revoir Toulouse!

You ARE miserable.

Really not sure what those criticising Toulouse’s recruitment expected them to do? As I understand it they are, like all promoted teams, well behind the 8 ball when it comes to contract talks as these couldn’t start in earnest until promotion was guaranteed. By that time the ‘best’ players had already signed up elsewhere. 
We have fans of one grand old club on here criticising their own club for shopping at Poundland and yet we are expecting newly promoted clubs to at least be going to Home Bargain. Where are all these wonderful available players? I am sure Houles & Co have done and are doing all they can. Sad reality it would seem is the best they can hope for now is, loan deals, an NRL star getting banned but being available, a top SL player getting sacked by their club or convincing such as Remi Casey to come out of retirement. Other than that maybe someone shines through from Elite 1 in time to join up. Whatever happens they will be criticised. 
i hope they stay up, I can only see Salford as real strugglers, but it’s very difficult for any promoted team IMO. 

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I have been advocating for years to put Toulouse in Super League and give them protection from relegation. I was just pointing out to those people that claimed they needed to earn the right to be there on the field, they did earn the right to be there on the field.

And Catalans didn't 

On 17/11/2021 at 14:11, binosh said:

The noises from Toulouse from early on were quite negative in regards to spending the cap and really going for it now they had finally won their chance they have failed to add any real value to their side.

I am led to believe they had to review their spending on players as they had the rules changed late in the season so that they now have to pay the costs of the travelling team.

39 minutes ago, kiggy said:

I am led to believe they had to review their spending on players as they had the rules changed late in the season so that they now have to pay the costs of the travelling team.

This is ridiculous if true. In what other sport is the home side expected to pay for the away clubs travel? Do we want a Super League with clubs only along the M62 or not? Because we sure do like to make it hard for the expansion clubs to survive.

Archived