Toulouse New Signings

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Really not sure what those criticising Toulouse’s recruitment expected them to do? As I understand it they are, like all promoted teams, well behind the 8 ball when it comes to contract talks as these couldn’t start in earnest until promotion was guaranteed. By that time the ‘best’ players had already signed up elsewhere. 
We have fans of one grand old club on here criticising their own club for shopping at Poundland and yet we are expecting newly promoted clubs to at least be going to Home Bargain. Where are all these wonderful available players? I am sure Houles & Co have done and are doing all they can. Sad reality it would seem is the best they can hope for now is, loan deals, an NRL star getting banned but being available, a top SL player getting sacked by their club or convincing such as Remi Casey to come out of retirement. Other than that maybe someone shines through from Elite 1 in time to join up. Whatever happens they will be criticised. 
i hope they stay up, I can only see Salford as real strugglers, but it’s very difficult for any promoted team IMO. 

Good point. Wise move getting Remy on the coaching staff and still keeping his boots warm 🙂 

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

I am led to believe they had to review their spending on players as they had the rules changed late in the season so that they now have to pay the costs of the travelling team.

That can't be true. Catalans do not pay for visiting teams I'm led to believe. Toulouse are full board members of SLE with promotion - that would be ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Catalans were given a place in Super League and protected from relegation, they have been a great success, they are an example of how we should expand Super League.

But they didn't earn it 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

This is ridiculous if true. In what other sport is the home side expected to pay for the away clubs travel? Do we want a Super League with clubs only along the M62 or not? Because we sure do like to make it hard for the expansion clubs to survive.

In reality, it is really no change to the situation when they were in the Championship, even so, changing the rules as late as that is not acceptable. Having to find close to 300K, still, to fund the travelling teams is no mean feat.

56 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

So what? They're one of the best clubs in the comp. It's the only thing SLE have actually succeeded with in the last quarter of a century.

Yes I know Gav , it's just winding up ' Sir kev ' , he's been posting constantly for nearly 12 months that Leigh didn't earn their SL spot 

Arn't Toulouse Skint because of the Covid striken promotion season ?

Must have cost a fortune last year with No revenue paying those expensive Antipodeans.

Got to find some excuse to fill their hole beforehand surely ?

I cannot see how they would have to cough up for ANY team to travel to Toulouse.

17 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Arn't Toulouse Skint because of the Covid striken promotion season ?

Must have cost a fortune last year with No revenue paying those expensive Antipodeans.

Got to find some excuse to fill their hole beforehand surely ?

I cannot see how they would have to cough up for ANY team to travel to Toulouse.

You say that as if we haven't seen this exact scenario occur before. 

Toronto afforded no central distribution + paying for other teams travel,  Leigh taking reduced distribution last season. Are you really unable to envision a scenario where the rest of SL unjustly lines their pockets at the expense of the newcomer?

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Then got to Wembley the following year.

And lost , I was there supporting them , they also got to Wembley the year after playing in the million pound game against Leigh , so it's not beyond the realms of fantasy that if Leigh had beaten them in that game , Leigh could have made Wembley the year after 

It wasn't me that introduced Leigh into this discussion 

I'll leave it alone , hopefully everybody else will as well 

Archived