Jump to content

Championship next season


Recommended Posts

Now there´s no foreign travel thankfully and post Covid, championship looks absolutely stacked for teams who think they should be in that Top 6. 

York got new season stadium syndrome done. Widnes finally cleared of the mess of the last three years. Bulls strongest finish in years. Leigh bouncing back , Newcastle going full time and Eagles in new stadium. Not to forget Fev. Top 6 is going to be brutal to get into. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites


14 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Now there´s no foreign travel thankfully and post Covid, championship looks absolutely stacked for teams who think they should be in that Top 6. 

York got new season stadium syndrome done. Widnes finally cleared of the mess of the last three years. Bulls strongest finish in years. Leigh bouncing back , Newcastle going full time and Eagles in new stadium. Not to forget Fev. Top 6 is going to be brutal to get into. 

Up The Fax ❗

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Now there´s no foreign travel thankfully and post Covid, championship looks absolutely stacked for teams who think they should be in that Top 6. 

York got new season stadium syndrome done. Widnes finally cleared of the mess of the last three years. Bulls strongest finish in years. Leigh bouncing back , Newcastle going full time and Eagles in new stadium. Not to forget Fev. Top 6 is going to be brutal to get into. 

Going full time doesn't guarantee you being  any good ask London and Sheffield

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Now there´s no foreign travel thankfully and post Covid, championship looks absolutely stacked for teams who think they should be in that Top 6. 

York got new season stadium syndrome done. Widnes finally cleared of the mess of the last three years. Bulls strongest finish in years. Leigh bouncing back , Newcastle going full time and Eagles in new stadium. Not to forget Fev. Top 6 is going to be brutal to get into. 

What about Batley?  

Barring the 2 favourites for promotion, TO & Fev, Batley where a great success story in 2021.  Bradford and York (sadly) weren’t a success at all.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, POR said:

Going full time doesn't guarantee you being  any good ask London and Sheffield

Not if you aren´t paying enough for players to give up a day job. Think Newcastle will have a bit more cash than the other two tbf. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Leigh won't make top 4 next season - you heard it here first

Not sure about top 4 but I don't see them making the top 2 with the struggles they are having signing players. Fev will be a total class above Leigh next season and its just whether teams like Bradford and Halifax can start to bridge that gap. Both are spending to try and do that but the lack of good forwards available is going to restrict any team that wants to challenge Fev.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

How much of the current Leigh squad is being retained?

 

I would ask the same question about the Featherstone squad too as it is likely to have a bearing for both these teams. Are they both likely to be weakened and others strengthened? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I would ask the same question about the Featherstone squad too as it is likely to have a bearing for both these teams. Are they both likely to be weakened and others strengthened? 

many of the fev team are getting on a bit now so expect some leaving, to avoid being the bridesmaid yet again they need to buy some younger quality players for next season ,  my top 6 next year, leigh, newcastle, widnes , fev ,york and bradford .😄😄😄

  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

at the bottom end, expect London to be scrapping it out with dewsbury and the cumbrian clubs. I would imagine York, Newcastle, Sheffiled will have too much to go down, but not enough to challenge the top 6

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Halifax have made some big signings and they'll be a force to be reckoned with in addition to Fev, Leigh and Newcastle 

Brendon Hill was the biggest Halifax signing I can recall

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, crashmon said:

at the bottom end, expect London to be scrapping it out with dewsbury and the cumbrian clubs. I would imagine York, Newcastle, Sheffiled will have too much to go down, but not enough to challenge the top 6

With at least one half back under the age of 40 next season and  better luck with injuries think Dewsbury might surprise a few.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

How much of the current Leigh squad is being retained?

 

So far confirmed Reynolds and Mellor at halves, Whitbread Stone Sidlow in the pack with Tomkins confirmed as signed. Hope we have sorted Ioane and have rumoured to have signed Hampshire - couldn’t agree terms with Flower. Believe we have 8 more signed but they will get released with ST launch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Not sure about top 4 but I don't see them making the top 2 with the struggles they are having signing players. Fev will be a total class above Leigh next season and its just whether teams like Bradford and Halifax can start to bridge that gap. Both are spending to try and do that but the lack of good forwards available is going to restrict any team that wants to challenge Fev.

So far we have Whitbread Sidlow Stone and Tomkins confirmed in the pack, Fev will fall back on Leeds fringe again IMO 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yeah we'll have that too.. Or wait will we???? 

I am absolutely not bouncing for the Champ next season 

On the plus side the season after next (assuming there is still a L1) we should have a London derby to look forward too!

Edited by EssexRL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It'll be the most competitive championship season in a while next year that's for sure! Even going full time I think Newcastle will be near bottom along with Haven Barrow Dewsbury Sheffield. Workington and possibly London to be relegated and I'll go for Bradford top 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...