Championship next season

Hellewell is a solid workhorse who will tackle all day, will miss quite a few but works hard around ruck.( think he was our highest tackler and highest missed last season) Gee is not as active but hits harder and is dangerous on a short ball near the line.

Hellewell looked good in our 2020 championship season

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Out of interest how would our Leigh contributors have compared Gee to Hellewell, who has rejoined us at Fev?

Am guessing Gee would be seen as the bigger loss judged by the comments above, have seen a fair bit of Hellewell at centre (including his stint for us) but not at back row.

I'd have kept Hellewell of the 2, particularly at championship level where with decent service he'll score plenty tries(he scored in almost every game for Leigh in 2020 before covid).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

Superleague fixtures out on 25 November. Anyone know the date for Championship fixtures? The grand final is on 30 September, so I presume the million pound game is on the following day. This would mean the regular season ending earlier on Sunday September 4th.

World cup

On 01/11/2021 at 09:51, The Phantom Horseman said:

Out of interest how would our Leigh contributors have compared Gee to Hellewell, who has rejoined us at Fev?

Am guessing Gee would be seen as the bigger loss judged by the comments above, have seen a fair bit of Hellewell at centre (including his stint for us) but not at back row.

Helliwell did very well, consistent for all the season, I would have to check back but I don't think he missed a single game, he will be very good as a back row in the Championship.

On 02/11/2021 at 09:55, Harry Stottle said:

Helliwell did very well, consistent for all the season, I would have to check back but I don't think he missed a single game, he will be very good as a back row in the Championship.

If he was consistent, surely Leigh would have kept him. Obviously a step down is where he belongs.

12 hours ago, NERugbyDad said:

Thunders next new signing Gideon Boafo from London Broncos 

Once again London seem to be letting Champ players go, and replacing them with L1 players who "might" shine in the champ, but also are unproven at this level, so could also bomb.  The London squad we have at the moment is worse than the squad which could only manage 7th last year, and all other champ clubs seem to be enhancing their squads.

Its not looking good at all for next year, I'm just crossing my fingers that they will good enough to avoid bottom 2, but we are not finishing in the top 8 based on who has left and who we have replaced them with