Championship next season

15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

£80 for premier sports if you’ve a season ticket is a good deal 

I have it as i was on a good deal half price.Forgot to cancel as you have to ring up to do it.And the renewal was £120 for the year so £80 is 33% off.Plenty of other sports on if you can find time to watch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Instead of us ?

Newcastle worry SL teams so likely they will get stick.  SL with Newcastle in post World Cup with a full salary cap, perfect sized stadium and buzz will be a worry to the established order and terrifying to clubs clinging to SL places. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

£80 for premier sports if you’ve a season ticket is a good deal 

If you have Sky, that is, otherwise it is only available through the app. This disappoints me.

• Confused 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Fax announce Kyle Wood from Wakey. Another quality signing, very happy with this one and only going with the theme from that last couple of pages, not only will we have the best half backs in the competition we will also have the two best hookers............

Joking FWIW but I think both our hookers are class and we looked good this season when Moore could rotate with Burrough and I don't expect this to be too disimilar.

10 hours ago, crashmon said:

Remember we have 200K rent for PL, plus additional rent for Richmond as well, that does not leave much in the kitty for any players, unless they are pay as you play types.

So it must be  a cunning plan to get into SL2 by winning the L1 shield in 2023 🙂 although signing skolars and WWR players won't get Broncos in the L1 playoffs, let alone survival in Championship.If they want to win L1 2023 they going to need better players that those they signing now

Palumbo's last clubs are listed below.

image.png.34704218a1c30cc61ccebac31a8ec5ea.png

I think the question is not so much will London get relegated next year, but how many games will they win?

Think you'll find the lad in question,played this season with the Wests Magpies in the Nsw Cup and Ron Massey Cup (was club captain I was told) and spent 2020 in the Sea Eagles Nsw Cup squad where he was previously before the Skolars/WWR stint.I believe he spent time at Toulouse also? So your information isn't quite accurate pal.A further look ,found he was named in the L1 team of the month twice,whilst playing in the L1 competition for a three month total.

The other Aussie fella Tolatu,plays in the same competition as where Lach Walmsley was discovered and what a season he turned out to have with Haven.

Alot of people banging on about London on here,who have they lost that their actually going to miss? 

They have the same back row as last season,a better hooker option in Parata, a better front row rotation with Albert and Bien added.

Besides the loss of Miski and possibly Sammut,I don't see a real difference in the squad?Maybe skinny in the outside backs but I'd expect a tone of loanee SL players to be added.

Will they make playoffs? God no,but relegated definitely not.

3 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Alot of people banging on about London on here,who have they lost that their actually going to miss? 

They have the same back row as last season,a better hooker option in Parata, a better front row rotation with Albert and Bien added.

Besides the loss of Miski and possibly Sammut,I don't see a real difference in the squad?Maybe skinny in the outside backs but I'd expect a tone of loanee SL players to be added.

Meadows 

11 hours ago, Cowboy said:

They've lost Miski, Richards, Hankinson and Adebeyi to SL clubs. Fozard to Widnes, Davis and Ogden to York, Boafo to Newcastle, Aston to Halifax, Chamberlain and Jones to Leigh, Boafo to Newcastle, and Meadows and Hodson to Batley.

A lot of those guys aren't anything out of the ordinary, you're right, but most of them are ok at a mid-division Championship level, and there has been a steady erosion of talent there since they were relegated, they seem to lose almost the equivalent of a starting 13 every year and the replacements always seem to represent a net loss.

We'll have to wait and see who else they bring in, but as things stand they look weaker now than last year, when they looked weaker than the year before, etc.

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

They've lost Miski, Richards, Hankinson and Adebeyi to SL clubs. Fozard to Widnes, Davis and Ogden to York, Boafo to Newcastle, Aston to Halifax, Chamberlain and Jones to Leigh, Boafo to Newcastle, and Meadows and Hodson to Batley.

A lot of those guys aren't anything out of the ordinary, you're right, but most of them are ok at a mid-division Championship level, and there has been a steady erosion of talent there since they were relegated, they seem to lose almost the equivalent of a starting 13 every year and the replacements always seem to represent a net loss.

We'll have to wait and see who else they bring in, but as things stand they look weaker now than last year, when they looked weaker than the year before, etc.

Add Gwaze.

I would only say Hankinson, Fozard and Davis of those are real losses and really impressed me. The rest of them could probably be rotated with any number of other players in the Champ.

Of course whether they are or not is a different question. The pack is likely to lack this season.

On the plus side - there is a fair bit of home grown talent in there making its way in the game.